Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discrete GT_430 more beneficial in any way than i3-530's Intel HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've carefully thought through most of the cooling aspect (long/detailed story)...
    And i suspect that even the active cooling cards (at least the asus) won't be much louder than the remainder of my cooling set-up.

So passive cooling or not is fairly moot IMO....
    But I do appreciate your thoughts once again, so thank-you!

Comment

Do you still have got problems with native intel vaapi accelleration?

Comment

Nothing significant yet...
        But there's still some limits in what I can do with VAAPI Vs VDPAU.
        So I want to "hedge my bets" so-to-speak

Comment

The flash accelleration is not fully stable yet via vdpau, nothing that you really need - also 32 bit only. Youtube bitrates are a joke for the cpu you have got. If you want to play games then of course a new gfx card would be interesting, but of course no low budget one. For full hd games i would get a nv gtx 460 1 gb and certainly no gt 430. What do you gain with that little speed improvement?

Comment

TBH I'm not even sure if i really want to play games on this build.
            I think i'll be happy with a GT_430 purely for VA etc...

But I prolly will also get a GTX 560 Ti in 6mth, if I decide I want some "gaming grunt".

I'll just swap out the GT_430, and swap in the GTX 560
            Assuming I don't have room, prolly won't, so a swap will be necessary.

Comment

If you don't have got any problems decoding videos that card is useless.

Comment

Strange....

deanj outlined just some reasons why one would want a GT_430 over Clarkedale's Intel_HD.
                Are you saying that Clarkdale's IGP + VAAPI is as capable *in every way* as the GT_430 when it comes to video?

Comment

You can not use the experimental flash vdpau accelleration. Fine, but your cpu has got 2.93 ghz and can decode that easyly if needed. The web bitrates for h264 are a joke. You need accelleration for hd bluray content with bitrates >40 mbit/s. vlc can use vaapi, currently i have got some problems with vaapi and xbmc, not sure what the problem is. Somebody reported success with the 1.0.x libva series, i used 0.31.1 sds. mplayer-vaapi can use the accelleration too. Do you REALLY have got content that you can not play correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Do you REALLY have got content that you can not play correctly?
                    I have tonnes of material that "can not play correctly?". That inability of playing true film mode is annoying as hell. There is a reason why xbmc and mythtv recommend a nvidia card that supports vdpau for playback.

Comment

Correction NTSC Film Mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X