Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Can someone explain the "next-to-broken state thanks to bugs in the X-Video Bitstream Acceleration driver" to me?

I have used catalyst for some time with my HD 4670. It worked very good for most videos. There were some (x264 encoded, level 5 @ high I think) that had huge block artifacts but the vast majority of the videos just played flawless.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Maybe this will be finally the push that gets vdpau adopted in other drivers.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Adobe's Flash Video Acceleration On Linux Uses VDPAU

Adobe's Flash Video Acceleration On Linux Uses VDPAU

Phoronix: Adobe's Flash Video Acceleration On Linux Uses VDPAU

This morning there was the report on the release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Beta 1, which finally brought GPU-based Flash video acceleration to Linux. H.264 video acceleration has already been available on Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, but this is the first time that Adobe is bringing this support to the official Linux Flash player. With the 10.2 release to all operating systems they are providing this support via an API they call "Stage Video" for the complete acceleration of the entire playback process...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X