No announcement yet.

Adobe's Flash Video Acceleration On Linux Uses VDPAU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For clarity, where deanjo's last post referred to "shader based" I believe he was talking about shader based *render* acceleration (colour space conversion, scaling, etc...) while evolution was talking about shader based *decode* acceleration (codec-y stuff)...

... I think
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      For clarity, where deanjo's last post referred to "shader based" I believe he was talking about shader based *render* acceleration (colour space conversion, scaling, etc...) while evolution was talking about shader based *decode* acceleration (codec-y stuff)...

... I think
      Yes bridgman, that was what I was talking... Shader-based *decode* acceleration.
      Personally I think its cleaner to use it rather than something that had proprietary origins and you need to learn (some/most things) from scratch...

Deanjo, thanks for you graphs, I read them, but they've not convinced me...
      I don't forget that current OpenGL support in Mesa drivers isn't as developed as it's on nVidia/ATI proprietary drivers.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
        I don't forget that current OpenGL support in Mesa drivers isn't as developed as it's on nVidia/ATI proprietary drivers.

Cheers!
        And they more then likely never will be. You will be lucky if they ever reach even 70% of the performance found in a optimized stack.

Comment

Working...
        X