Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    benchmarking is the only usefull you can do with an gtx580

show me the linux game thats needs a gtx580 or an Programm.
    I use Unigine at work -- It benefits from all the graphics power I can get.

Comment

You create your own game? I hardly believe you can use a benchmark @ work

Comment

Last time it was august 2008 when i tried it. At that time did not know about the registry key for card name override in wine and just patched it f@h ran then but i did not use it lately. Usually installing the cuda sdk + compiling a lib is not that hard.

Comment

Then write a script.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well running cuda apps with wine is a bit tricky, you have to set the card name via wine option and compile a special lib. I did that once for f@h, but not recently. Can you show me a current howto?
            Same procedure Kano.

Comment

LOL i think he makes games yes i think this count but this also means a gtx580 isn*t a consumer card,
              Maybe you should look up the definition of consumer. Generating ones income off a purchase does not exclude it from being a consumer class product. In fact chances are if he is a game developer then he is going to use that consumer class card to see how his consumer class software performs for his consumers.

thank you very much.. this saves me to test this by my own...

o yes very consumer orientet you only need to set card name and compile some magic special lib and so one...
              So your saying that you never do anything but double click? EVER!

Comment

a consumer gives a programm 1 double click to run nothing more.
                Hmm, guess the average consumer needs nothing more then an iPad I guess.

Comment

@deanjo

That must be the old way, you do NOT need to patch wine.

Comment

[QUOTE=Qaridarium;157457]nice ok vReveal count.

mediacoder don't count thats because i use opensource software for that.
                    What kind of justification is that? opensource or not I'm benefiting from features found on my card. You are not benefiting from those features.

only nvidia only apps count
                    How do you figure that? Performance is a huge consideration.

you don't unterstand it ati card is always fine and the geforce 8600 at the lowest settings and a 640x480 resulution do have mega lag and is not fine.
                    Yet I have no issue. PEBKAC
                    LMFAO nice post to a thread where CPU clock speed is the limiting factor. Maybe read your own links.

Seriously Q, you stated

benchmarking is the only usefull you can do with an gtx580
                    show me the linux game thats needs a gtx580 or an Programm.
                    I have shown you otherwise. I have uses for a GTX-580 and they are not limited to what your light demanding needs are. If you prefer to do things another way that is your decision but please don't assume that everyone is limited to what you define as "important" items. Some of us have higher demanding usages, you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      @deanjo

That must be the old way, you do NOT need to patch wine.
                      Could be Kano, I installed it well over a year ago some patching may no longer be needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X