NVIDIA Puts Out A Major Beta Linux Driver Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    It has nothing directly to do with vlc, when vainfo (which works with every other gfx card) does not work then vdpau can not work too. It is just a very simple test which shows the codecs which are supported.
    You sure that it's the drivers that need fixing or vainfo? The reason that I ask is that vdpauinfo still works without issue.

Comment

With ION LE?

Comment

Not sure about the LE but it works fine on ION and the 9400 in a macbook (as well as GTX 480, GTX 275, 8800GT, 8200 IGP).

Comment

Well it does not in a Samsung N510.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well it does not in a Samsung N510.
            You did install libvdpau on the system right since the drivers no longer provide it?

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by klikklak View Post
                I like the fact that they have a crippled stereo-3d implementation, sort of. Or even just the fact that they're actually doing something about the lack of stereo-3d on linux, even if it's only for running 3d in 2d.
                how is it crippled on Quadro cards?

Comment

Originally posted by xenogia View Post
                  Now we just have to see CUDA added to Mplayer and all the other applications. Unless we have some third-party party application that will do CUDA acceleration. Hopefully this will help the issues with Compiz and it's incompatibilities with VDPAU.
                  No I think we have to see OpenCL added to mplayer etc. CUDE only works on nvidia gfx's, but OpenCL works on almost all vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                    No I think we have to see OpenCL added to mplayer etc. CUDE only works on nvidia gfx's, but OpenCL works on almost all vendors.
                    Didn't AMD/ATI implement OpenCL in their drivers?

Comment

Yes, they have. There's even a small benchmark.

OTOH, OpenCL is a standard and CUDA is just a vendor specific API. I'd also prefer OpenCL even it is a bit harder to code.

Comment

Working...
                      X