No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that Phoronix will be doing some proper real world tests with this game, do you have an FPS counter?

Welcome to the Amnesia: The Dark Descent website. Amnesia is a first person survival horror game for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It's out now!

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      do you really point an unigine-benchmark-only-nvidiatesselationcheating-test programm an REAL app?

in my point of view an app is an usefull and useable programm like an game or a cad software.

is there any unigine based game to buy or to download ?

no!..

this hole benchmarks are pointless 200fps LOL all results over 60fps are invalid!

in my point of view only 3 results are valid lower than 30fps RED no go lower than 60fps but highter than 30fps orange its ok but not optimal and over 60fps green ok.

so all results higher than 6xfps are invalid and totally nonsence.

and only REAL useable and usefull software are valid for testing hardware.

and its pointless to benchmark opengl2 on openGL4 hardware and openGL3 on openGL4 hardware its just pointless

you need an REAL usefull useable openGL4 app to benchmark openGL4 hardware!
      Lol, read the article troll. If it don't run the apps it's about as efficient as a rock.

Comment

Buy ATI!!!*

-some features may not work as advertised
        -flip flopping of drivers is needed to get desired performance
        -please allow 18-24 months before product works close to 75% of capable performance, or support dropped which ever comes first
        -regular regressions are considered a feature
        -video decode acceleration is not needed. Portable systems my contain hazardous materials that may kill dolphins, we do not support running off batteries as such and you should keep your system plugged in at all times for the sake of marine mammals
        -to get proper openCL support, please consider running our SDK examples on the competitors hardware.
        -if we can't fix an issue please regard that as a not needed feature.

Standard disclaimer.

Comment

Why don't you tell AMD/ATI to put more resources towards Linux instead of preaching Nvidia's 'evil ways?' If ATI truly cared about open source and Linux support, they'd apply more resources into the support. Why am I emphasizing this again? Well, when you read in this forum, the Ubuntu forum, the OpenSUSE forum, the Debian forum.... I don't know...pretty much any forum that is Linux-oriented about disappointment with ATI drivers, whether open source or binary, you begin to suspect that ATI is neglecting these problems.

If Mikeysoft is evil, then ATI is catering too much to evil so there. There's no 'lesser evil' if one is only masquerading as 'Linux friendly' in support. Nvidia, at least, has all these extra features and most of them work - VDPAU, folding etc. The only real complaint other than the closed source option is the problem with Optimus. I want to see a more concise project by ATI to fix issues instead of so many regressions and not applying fixes to bugs or lack of features that are already reported. Tearing, artifacts and other problems that seem to require manual configuration and constant scripting in order to make baby steps is not any choice if the Nvidia card allows full function of your card. Sure, it won't be on level of Windoze but then all these cards are processed with Mikeysoft operating systems in mind, anyway. They're all evil by association?

Comment

"Buy ATI!!!*"

i never ever say something like that.

more Things like this: "if you buy from a company like nvidia you will burn in hell because you sell your shoul to the devil."
            Lol, so then I guess ATI users are stuck forever in Purgatory. And I would gladly sucker the devil into buying my "shoul".

Comment

Amazing how people are willing to forgive anything nvidia does bad, but not AMD. Get a grip people.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                Amazing how people are willing to forgive anything nvidia does bad, but not AMD. Get a grip people.
                Who is forgiving Nvidia? Any names? What is the evidence?

I think if ATI features are on par with Nvidia, Linux users would buy ATI cards exclusively. No contest. I don't know of any reason why a Linux user would consider Nvidia if ATI cards are up to par or at least 95%+ on par. There is an open source driver and if you have gaming/Wine capability plus high performance video playback that works without bugs/major issues, ATI cards are the obvious choice.

In Windows, Nvidia cards are often chosen for Folding and if the price/performance is better. I don't think there's not too many other reasons. In Linux, Nvidia cards are chosen so they avoid these issues that are often reported. Just check the categories in this forum. There's a clutter of topics in both ATI FOSS drivers and ATI FGLRX drivers sections. Not much going on in the Nvidia one. Why is that, huh? Because everyone is forgiving Nvidia?!?

Comment

It's been said so many times already. Nvidia users are at NvNews, Ati users here.

Comment

Quick question: what settings are used for the Heaven Unigine test?
                    Because I have a 470 GTX and would like to compare performance.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Emanem View Post
                      Quick question: what settings are used for the Heaven Unigine test?
                      Because I have a 470 GTX and would like to compare performance.

Cheers,
                      phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-heaven
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X