NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    a nvidia user don't die on feets they just kill ati,intel,via users on there knees in sand in front of them by technics like Cuda and PhysX

is it nice to be a NvidiAZI ??
    So now you think people who use nVidia cards are murderers?

Dude that's spaced out and weird even for you. Time to check your meds.

Comment

Lol, instead of giving useful advices and suggestions, he jumps out bashing each and every ppl who dare to even mention 'get nvidia', what a loser, real life must be so hard on you that you have to dismiss your anger in here?!

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        no not murderers just Mental Fascism they just think Nvidia are the master race of graphic cards and they don't buy at Jews shops like intel,amd,via and they try to create a New World Order of a PhysX,CUDA NvidiAZI Empire.

Heil Geforce Heil Geforce Heil Geforce

Heil G German e extansion force of NvidiAZI Empire.

;-)

Satire isn't your strenghth right?

"Time to check your meds."

o yes thank you now its better.
        LMFAO, think you should look up what fascism is before using such a big word. You've got it ass end backwards. But hey, I suppose that's the view they teach with being served in confined in AMDchwitz.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          LMFAO, think you should look up what fascism is before using such a big word. You've got it ass end backwards. But hey, I suppose that's the view they teach with being served in confined in AMDchwitz.
          I don't know, sounds about right to me.

Definition:
          1. often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality
          Actually, it sounds more like Apple than anything, but you can easily draw a parallel from relying completely on nvidia's binary driver to the strong centralized autocratic control.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            I don't know, sounds about right to me.

Definition:

Actually, it sounds more like Apple than anything, but you can easily draw a parallel from relying completely on nvidia's binary driver to the strong centralized autocratic control.
            You can also say the same about standards promoted by the Khronos Group and FSF.

-Fascists seek to organize a nation according to corporatist perspectives, values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.

-Fascists believe that a nation is an organic community that requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.

-They claim that culture is created by the collective national society and its state, that cultural ideas are what give individuals identity, and thus they reject individualism

-Viewing the nation as an integrated collective community, they see pluralism as a dysfunctional aspect of society, and justify a totalitarian state as a means to represent the nation in its entirety.

-They advocate the creation of a single-party state.

-Fascists reject and resist the autonomy of cultural or ethnic groups who are not considered part of the fascists' nation and who refuse to assimilate or are unable to be assimilated. They consider attempts to create such autonomy as an affront and a threat to the nation.

-Fascism presents itself as a solution to the perceived benefits and disadvantages of conservatism by advocating state-controlled modernization that promotes orderly change while resisting the dangers to order in society of pluralism and independent initiative

Now considering that nvidia supports both open and closed standards that is hardly fascism. Fascism frowns upon individualism and nVidia has many individual properties as well as supporting the open standards.

Comment

How about, on one hand we have the superior nvidia blob that WORKS, offers latest OGL extentions running at CORRECT speeds, does not CRASH in every hour;

on the other hand, we have NOUVEAU driver, which, despite the lacking of documentation and official helps in any form, still outperform OSS Radeon both in terms of functionality and speed?

If AMD didn't release the source code, how good will the reverse engineered Radeon OSS be, comparing with Nouveau?

You Radeon lovers did so little, yet ask for so much credits. But sorry the real world doesn't work that way. You can go back to your turtle shell to brag all you want.

Comment

If I am going to buy another video card, chances are that I'm still likely to by an NV instead of ATI. Because it is very likely that it works RIGHT NOW, AND, the Open Source Nouveau support will come before the counterpart heavily-on-life-support-open-documentation based Radeon.

Oh, did I mention Radeon HD? What a joke, so limited man power, so many similar, diverged project just because devs don't wanna give a damn about other's work.

This development model is a MESS.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                  on the other hand, we have NOUVEAU driver, which, despite the lacking of documentation and official helps in any form, still outperform OSS Radeon both in terms of functionality and speed?
                  Huh? You have any proof to back that up, because everything I've seen is the opposite.

Comment

And deanjo, I know the whole facism thing was a stretch. I'm just saying i wouldn't call nvidia the exact opposite like you did either.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      And deanjo, I know the whole facism thing was a stretch. I'm just saying i wouldn't call nvidia the exact opposite like you did either.
                      By the very definition you provide to draw parallels from it isn't even close. Being about to control and direct properties that contain your own IP and trade secrets are not even close to being the same thing as being fascism, it's quite the opposite, it's about respecting the rights of a individual or groups own properties. They are not forcing others to adopt their solutions. That freedom is always there to seek out other avenues. If nvidia practiced fascism they would not only squash attempts like nouveau but also not contribute to other standards other then their own which is far from the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X