Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    how cares about ogl4.1 ? ? ?

no one uses GGL3.0 or 3.1 or 3.2 or 3.3 or 4.0 ...
    Yeah, I guess those specs were written just because it's so much fun

Comment

Originally posted by hdas View Post
      I want two screens in the sense that they are treated like virtual desktops. Most importantly, when I maximize a window or go fullscreen, it should only cover one screen.
      That's not standard behavior for TwinView. Have you disabled Xinerama info? Xinerama is used for passing information about the screen layout to the window manager (even if Xinerama formally isn't used).

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
        It is possible to configure the driver for two completely separate screens ("zaphod mode"), but interaction between these screens is very limited. It probably isn't what you want.
        Actually, I hate the "one big screen" approach, because it really doesn't work for me - I use virtual desktops a lot, and I *don't* want both monitors sharing the same desktop. Generally I have one large monitor for doing work on, and a smaller one running a Windows VM for testing, and I don't want to switch desktops on the former and have the latter disappear. They're separate monitors, and should act like they're separate.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          I agree that OGL 4.1 is a bit useless right now. But I'd like to point out that AMD's driver takes longer than NVidia's to fully support new OGL versions because they're testing it more thoroughly so that it always has 101% more awesome in it, ya know.
          AMD has supported GL 4.1 since last month. Suck that, Nvidia!

On a more serious note, Nvidia's drivers are completely broken with multi-monitor setups. No autodetection, no ability to rotate individual monitors in TwinView, broken vsync, no randr, invalid refresh rates. It's a huge, steaming pile.

Do these drivers fix the OpenGL crashes caused by 260.xx? The previous drivers broke multithreaded OpenGL.

Comment

No randr support for nvidia sucks. By habit I always go for the KDE or Gnome monitor settings to set resolution. ATI wins here.

Oh, and I agree, Give me one single big ass screen and a few virtual desktops and I am happy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              AMD has supported GL 4.1 since last month. Suck that, Nvidia!
              Do you usually respond to 6 month old posts?

Comment

Do these drivers fix the OpenGL crashes caused by 260.xx? The previous drivers broke multithreaded OpenGL.
                Don't know but AMD's 10.12 drivers happily crash Xorg if I resize a Blender window across two monitors nice and reliably. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Do you usually respond to 6 month old posts?
                  You should know by now that time is relative.

Comment

You should know by now that time is relative.
                    Then you shouldn't use specific units of time in your posts I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Then you shouldn't use specific units of time in your posts I guess.
                      I don't, actually. If I did, I'd have said since the "last terran month" (as measured on the surface of the planet). "Last month" on its own is quite relative, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X