VDPAU features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDPAU features

NVIDIA Linux drivers divide "VDPAU Features" in 3 set: A, B and C.
    A is the most poor, C is the most complete.
    See this link for more information.
    The latest version of the Linux drivers (195.30 beta) supports video feature set "A" for most of the Geforce 200 series (GTX260 to GTX295).
    Anyone knows if and when VDPAU Feature Set for these cards will be extended to category B or C?

No. The hardware is not capable of supporting these feature sets.

Comment

I think that it depends on the software, not on hardware, and in particular I think that it depends on the library libwpda, provided with the NVIDIA driver.
      I think so for many reasons:
      - If it was hardware there would be no need of clarification by NVIDIA (see link above).
      - It is not possible that a GTX285 and other high-end graphic cards does not support SET C features
      - I think on Windows theese features are supported
      Therefore I think that If the drivers will be reviewed, these features may be added.
      ...but will be the driver rewieved? If YES, when?

Comment

I was wrong: library is "libvpdau"

Comment

I was wrong again: library is libvdpau

Comment

Originally posted by bingel View Post
            - It is not possible that a GTX285 and other high-end graphic cards does not support SET C features

Basically the first card generations after G80 had the feature set A. With ION came feature set B and with GT215 came feature set C.

What feature set is supported is totally unrelated to whether the card is high-end or not.

Comment

I have already visited that link, in fact my doubts were born just by reading that page.

I do not think those features relate to the hardware abilities of the mentioned graphic cards.
              I believe rather that these are the features supported by drivers for each graphic card.

Comment

I have documented better, I think it is not a software issue so I think you're right.

Comment

I have found this old PDF.
                  At the end of first page you can read "Note: Information in this table is based on ForceWare drivers v158.18 or higher".
                  Now I'm confused: I believe that this statement lends credence again my initial thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by bingel View Post
                    I have already visited that link, in fact my doubts were born just by reading that page.

I do not think those features relate to the hardware abilities of the mentioned graphic cards.
                    I believe rather that these are the features supported by drivers for each graphic card.
                    There is no reason to believe so. The mobile GPUs generally get new features first. And there were HW limitations, which got fixed in newer chips.

Comment

Working...
                    X