Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Publishes 195.xx Linux Driver Beta

Phoronix: NVIDIA Publishes 195.xx Linux Driver Beta

NVIDIA has been at work on the 195.xx driver series for some months already and has delivered beta releases to the public that offer VDPAU improvements and new features along with faster X Render performance. This evening they have published a new beta driver for the public, this time it's 195.36.03.The NVIDIA 195.36.03 driver for Linux (and FreeBSD and OpenSolaris) fixes a system hang for GeForce 6/7 series graphics cards, a workaround for a notebook bug with invalid EDID, the maximum number of slices supported by VDPAU for MPEG-2 streams has been increased, unofficial preliminary support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 7, and the soname of libvdpau_nvidia.so.1 and libvdpau_trace.so have been fixed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is quite embarassing for AMD but anyways, they say fglrx is meant for specific professional environments... and for sure such places aren't on xorg 1.7

But hey! Nvidia folks work!

Comment

Does this support OpenCL?

Comment

I've recently changed my ATI HD4670 for an old nvidia 7600gt. I didn't know linux could be so fast

Now I can play CS:S, UT2004 and Nexuiz properly. And this is the first time I'm satisfied with kwin effects performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          Does this support OpenCL?
          Yep. (stupid ten char limit)

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
            Yep. (stupid ten char limit)
            Thanks. (stupid ten character limit)

Comment

More dysfunctional blob.

YAWN!

How about a REAL driver?

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                More dysfunctional blob.

YAWN!

How about a REAL driver?
                Silly you, I think you've posted to the wrong forums again. Here let me help you,

Comment

This driver fixes the OpenCL performance issues Nvidia drivers have been having (up to 30% increase in performance). Good on them for supporting Xorg 1.8 so early too.

Comment

No, I am quite serious.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Silly you, I think you've posted to the wrong forums again. Here let me help you,

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Comment

Working...
                    X