Upgrading and Nvidia Graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading and Nvidia Graphics card

On of my systems here uses an ASUS Nvidia EN9600 and am considering if it is possible to put something better into without breaking the bank. I find the perfomance of the 9600 quite good for what I am doing. Performs better than my Radeon 4870. What are the GtX260 or 275's like. Closed src driver is no problem but I do require antialiasing.

Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
    On of my systems here uses an ASUS Nvidia EN9600 and am considering if it is possible to put something better into without breaking the bank. I find the perfomance of the 9600 quite good for what I am doing. Performs better than my Radeon 4870. What are the GtX260 or 275's like. Closed src driver is no problem but I do require antialiasing.
    My GTX275 hasn't given me any grief. KDE 4 is snappy as hell with no weird artifacts. AA works fine as well.

Comment

Purchased a Gigabyte GTX 260 Super Overclock. Installed into a ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe. Nvidia driver 185.xx installed no problems compared with recent hassles with a Radeon 4870.
      Initial performance checks makes it appear to be WAY faster than the 4870 for what I am doing.
      Very good card me thinks at a quite reasonable price was around $240 Aus.

Comment

Why dont you use 195.36.03?

Comment

Two reasons,
          1: I knew 185.xx would work as I have had it going previously.

2: I did not have a latter version on hand and to it get means driving 50 kilometres. So it means I need to think about going to the internet cafe in town when I leave and have yet ont been able to do that.

Comment

Offline pcs are really rare, maybe not in your case

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Offline pcs are really rare, maybe not in your case
              Not as rare as you think. There is still a fairly large number of systems out there that rely on dial up where downloading large packages like that can be a trying experience. In a small country like yours broadband maybe available everywhere but in a larger country dial up is sometimes the only option they have.

Comment

Satellite internet works everywhere. Wifi broadband is another way for outbacks. I prefer faster broadband however...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Satellite internet works everywhere. Wifi broadband is another way for outbacks. I prefer faster broadband however...
                  Wifi isn't available to many people in North America and Satellite carries a hefty premium that many can't justify.

Comment

You also need line-of-sight to the satellite, which a lot of people (like me) don't have.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X