Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
    Dear Santa,

please strike the ATI/AMD BOD with inspiration, so they put some more resources into the FGLRX team, so they can fix all the broken stuff, as fast as nVida does....

Respectfully yours,
    GreekGeek.

P.S: The Milk & Cookies, are by the Tree. ;-)
    How about inspiring them to either open it up or scrap FGLRX and move that team to working on the open source driver instead? Would be a much better xmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      They have a pretty installer.

Merry Christmas
      LOL thats al?
      Last edited by tmpdir; 13 December 2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
        How about inspiring them to either open it up or scrap FGLRX and move that team to working on the open source driver instead? Would be a much better xmas present.
        Whats so wrong with having an opensource and a closed driver? And why is it okay to have two opensource drivers when talking about working on the same thing? The closed one is at least completly different from the open ones and is usable to offer future features like digital right management etc. (no need to wine, scream, cry about not needing this... some people do).

Personaly I think all three of the drivers are impressive and having a choice doesn't heart either.

ABitMoreOntopic: The nvidia drivers are still way beter than the ati drivers (relevant for people interested in using their hardware to their full potential). Even my 8 year old 4200 work perfect with nvidia's legacy drivers.
        Last edited by tmpdir; 13 December 2009, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well I got bored and sad while testing xvba and replaced the ATI 4550 by a shiny new Nvidia GT220 - vdpau is much better - divx support could be still improved however, but that's mainly a diligence work. h264,vc1 and mpeg2 works already fine.
          I've just ordered one of these cards (gt220), but I'm slightly under the impression that audio isn't supported through the hdmi port - any experience with this? Does it work?

Comment

Well i enabled the device with a tiny patch, but did not get any mixer settings. Something is missing. Hopefull an alsa dev gets such a card soon.

Comment

GT220 HDMI audio seems to be coming up increasingly often on forums now that they're not just OEM parts, and people (myself included) are using them to build HTPCs for the holidays. Hearing about a new blob revision just reminds me of the lack of ALSA support. The driver waiting game really is no fun.

I will say, though, that VDPAU on this series of cards in particular is very slick. Brownie points to nvidia for that~

Comment

Working...
              X