Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energyman
    replied
    yeah, except that Nvidia themselves have said, no January. If there is anything prior to March than press samples.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well the TSMC problem is bad, but ATI was faster however so no good xmas for NV. My guess is january for the first GT300 cards on the market. Most systems will be fine with onboard vga, the masses of netbooks for example - dedicated cards are only for gamers as even standard solutions will be enough for bluray accelleration which will be a big thing next year. This year it is affordable but not really cheap.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    *sigh* wrong. Everything wrong. The GT2XX series is not new. And several planned members have been canned.

FERMI is late. The first leaks about it were early 2008. Since then it was a constant slipfest.

40nm - TSMC has a problem and AMD does not get as much ychips as wanted. But Nvidia got 7. You see the difference?

And who cares that nvidia produces chipsets for ION (which nobody buys anyway)? When was the lat chipset for AMD released? And there is no chipset at all for Nehalem. In short, chipset are dead.

Bulldozer on the other hand is perfectly in time. It just taped out and it does even better than planned. Just as John Fruehe. Where do you find him? His blog or semi-accurate-forum.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    So lets see:
    chipset business? 30% of the company? gone
    Still there, chipsets still in production for ion/ion2
    no new chip in years? yes
    June 2008 GTX family
    August 2009 GT2x0 family appears in OEM's mainstream later on
    problems with 40nm? yes
    Same issue plagues ATI, TSMC issue not nvidia's

Fermi a year late, going later, huge and expensive? yes
    Fermi is not even close to being a year late. In fact Fermi speculations of what the next chip didn't even start developing until this past summer.

1 lawsuit against Intel because of licencing? yes
    So Intel playing it's usual monopoly game equals death, I don't think so. If anything AMD's latest settlement strengthened nVidia's lawsuit against intel on licensing. Intel couldn't win against Via, they couldn't win against AMD and they will lose against Nvidia as well

Apple bought two complete month of production from AMD? yes
    They also chose nvidia chipsets for pretty much their entire line and still is the chipset that Apple uses for any non-i series cpu product? Guess which deal was bigger? Who do you think co-developed openCL with apple?

You see, if Fermi does not rock the markt next year, Nvidia will be gone 2012.
    Extremely doubtful, Nvidia has nothing for debtload. Creativelabs for example has even a higher debtload then Nvidia and it truely is in a more or less dead market but still continue to live. Not to mention Via as well.

And AMD is thanks to certain investors in a pretty good position. They rule the GPU market, their CPUs are doing better than 12 month ago, and Bulldozer is on time. They can wait for 2011 without breaking a sweat.
    [/quote]

Bulldozer is sorry late. It was originally supposed to appear mid 2010 but got pushed back.

Then there is also AMD's fusion designs which the latest roadmap shows then being 2 years behind schedule and the SB800 series chipset which is at least 6 months behind.

Myth busted.

Leave a comment:

• FiveForMe
    replied
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

? ????-?? ?? ???????, ????????? ?????? ???:
    9600pro Saphire ????? 175, a GeForce 5600 110, ??:
    ?? ixtb ??? ????????? ??????????? ?? Intel ?????????, ? ??? ???? ??? AMD, a ???? ?????? ??? NVidia ???????? ??????? ????? ? Intel, a c AMD ?????? ????? ???? ????????
    HELP

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Mass market is still with simple cards, GT220 or even G210 will be enough when you have got 1 GB vram on it to place the amount of vram good in an add. Funnly many ppl buy systems with more vram than with a faster gfx chip Gamers will replace it or just don't buy, others will be fine and can even play bluray if they want to. DX11 on lowend cards is useless too - currently only faster cards are available not the slowest ones. Of course you could enable those effects but with very slow framerates. So in the low price range it does not really matter if dx10/10.1 or 11 and how fast demanding games will run.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by GT220 View Post
    So why do you still use Nvidia then? Since you want to be an ATI fanboi so much, go and buy their DX11 card now. I'm sure you'll enjoy using their Linux drivers.

Failing GPUs are only the old 80nm parts like 8600(G84) and 8400(G86) which are long discontinued, and you believe what the biggest ATI asskisser Charlie writes? LOLOL, dumber than dumb indeed you are. Most of Charlie's BS lies were debunked at Beyond3d forums.

Loss of chipset market is irrelevant, Nvidia is replacing that with revenue from the Tegra SoC, which will be far better. Intel is well known to be greedy, wanting the chipset market cake and eating it too. VIA should know that, they got driven out by Intel's greed.
    Charlies has the numbers on his site. He started talking about bumpgate before the laptop makers started to take it seriously. And Nvidia lied to all and everybody.

Go back and look at the lawsuit nvidia's insurer has started against nvidia. The whole mess goes back as far as nv40.

So lets see:
    chipset business? 30% of the company? gone
    no new chip in years? yes
    problems with 40nm? yes
    Fermi a year late, going later, huge and expensive? yes
    3 different lawsuits because of Bumpgate? yes
    1 lawsuit against Intel because of licencing? yes
    Apple bought two complete month of production from AMD? yes

You see, if Fermi does not rock the markt next year, Nvidia will be gone 2012.

And AMD is thanks to certain investors in a pretty good position. They rule the GPU market, their CPUs are doing better than 12 month ago, and Bulldozer is on time. They can wait for 2011 without breaking a sweat.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by GT220 View Post
    GT 220 is competitive enough. Even on Windows ATI sucks badly in the driver dept,
    Anandtech says otherwise.

Microsoft says otherwise too.

I trust those people more than some rampant fanboy with foam on his mouth.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    Crap performance? This is juz a bottom end card. Look at the other Nvidia solutions that are compared to it.

These are only how old? Ill give you a hand, Geforce 8 is November 8, 2006.

Business as usual for nvidia? More like business 3 years old.

To compare, the R700 is June 25, 2008. You are looking at what is a 2 year difference between the nvidia offerings and ATI ones. Doesnt seem like much when you are purchasing an oven but in this game it certainly does. This is just a crap offering by nvidia, that seems to be targeted towards HTPC's. I think this deals more of a blow to S3 then anything else.
    except that a 4670 blows the 220 away, costs the same or less and passive cooled versions are available.

crap card, 10 month too late.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    I like how everyone has Nvidia issues and not me.

@droidhacker

I am the proud owner of several video cards:

ATI Rage
    ATI AIW 7500 (r100)
    Nvidia 5200
    Nvidia 6200
    Nvidia 7950 (was a 7900 but when it broke BFG gimme a 7950 replacement)

I have also installed countless others from various brands.

I bought my 6200, god knows how long ago. It still works great for me, say when my 7950 broke i juz swapped the card and it worked fine. The driver still works great and so does the performance on it. My 7950 is a few years old aswell. It runs amazing still, the driver is great. No issues that i have come across. I have a 5200, on the old driver that nvidia no longer supports. And guess what?

It works great. And continues to work great. Distro to distro.

I am no Nvidia fanboy. I am just a guy who looks for performance and compatibility. my 7500 is sitting in the computer behind me and the open driver works great for it. But at the end of the day, some of us are performance oriented people who use Nvidia cards, we are not satanic evil dogs, believe it or not. When the open driver becomes good enough, I will purchase ATI hardware again. But in the meantime, i laugh while people like you whine that their driver doesnt work.
    Yup I agree with your assessment and I own several nvidia cards myself. Even my even older Geforce4 MX440SE still chugs along quite well. My current card is a 7900GS which is still quite respectable even though being 2 years old

Leave a comment:

Working...
X