Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Any Questions For NVIDIA About Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey here is a couple more, when are they going to include vdpau info and capabilites in their control panel? When is the openCL libraries and drivers going to be public? When are we going to get profile support in the control panel as well for SLi?

Comment

deanjo, that's an interesting thought. Something like vdpauinfo should be included with the driver.

Comment

Also, when are they going to be hooking up Phoronix with more nvidia cards to test? Surely they must know a few partners they can hook ya up with.

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
          deanjo, that's an interesting thought. Something like vdpauinfo should be included with the driver.
          It would certianly save alot of "Why can't I run vdpau on my GeForce 5/6/7 etc posts".

Comment

Originally posted by DDevine View Post
            - Is NVIDIA considering developing an Gallium 3D driver?
            - What is the engineers opinion on Gallium 3D?
            I doubt NVidia is interested in Gallium3D since their driver stack is superior or at least equal to it.

Comment

Ever since AMD/ATI opened up their drivers, has NVIDIA gotten any technology from the AMD/ATI code base or anything that might have benefited NVIDIA? Can just be a yes/no answer since that might go into the realm of NDA's.

Comment

Another, when is that damn PerfHud coming for linux?

Comment

Are they going to add any type of monitoring of GPU usage capability to the drivers?

Comment

Is there any plans for ESA support in linux?

Comment

Are there any plans to contribute openCL and/or Cuda code to accelerate video encoding in linux along the lines of what they gave us with vdpau?

Comment

Working...
                      X