Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Any Questions For NVIDIA About Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eugene2k View Post
    Isn't the Catalyst driver an AMD/ATI graphics driver?
    Typo, some of these questions were recycled :P
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

OK only two more I promise:

Physx support on GPU in linux, is it even on a roadmap?

Will they please finally officially put the damn GTX275 on the linux support list? (Some RPM's packagers are really anal retentive about adding the PCIid to their packages until this is done. *cough* Stefan Dirsch *cough*)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Typo, some of these questions were recycled :P
        lol Ask them both.

Comment

Why is my video card repeatedly freezing and locking up? I've tried gentoo, ubuntu, many different versions of the proprietary driver. And I get graphical corruption, freezes and nvrm Xid messages. I've got a Gigabyte Geforce 260gtx core 216 896mb and I had an 8800gts 320mb the gtx260 is more unstable than the 8800 was. My motherboard is an asus p5q deluxe cpu is an e2220 and I have 4gb of ram. The system appears to pass memory/video memory tests and I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I have been using linux for 10 years and I have never had this much trouble up until these last two cards. Previously I've owned a TNT2 that had bad ram. A geforce 2mx 400 and a geforce 4 ti 4800se. Oh and under maximum load the highest measured gpu temperature is 59-65C
          Last edited by DMJC; 31 August 2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homerhomer View Post
            Not really a Linux specific question. Is Nvidia working with Adobe to accelerate flash? And if so, when do you expect it to be released? Thanks
            See: http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2...s_the_gpu.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
              Why is my video card repeatedly freezing and locking up? I've tried gentoo, ubuntu, many different versions of the proprietary driver. And I get graphical corruption, freezes and nvrm Xid messages.
              Didn't read the first line of the article I guess.

If you have any (non-tech support) questions about NVIDIA and Linux, ask away!

Comment

That doesn't answer the question. We are not wondering about slow ass OGL support (btw which truly sucks in 64-bit I might add in flashplayer 10), we are wondering about vdpau support since adobe supports purevideo in windows.

Last edited by deanjo; 31 August 2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Tegra

What plans do you have regarding support for Linux on the Tegra platform? What assistance will you provide vendors who wish to produce Linux devices built on the Tegra platform?

Comment

Heres a simple one.

My dearest nvidia

What do you dislike most about linux and its users. (im serious ).

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      Heres a simple one.

My dearest nvidia

What do you dislike most about linux and its users. (im serious ).
                      lol Man is that a loaded question. I feel a 100 page article coming up.

Comment

Working...
                      X