Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 555.42.02 Linux Beta Brings Wayland Explicit Sync, GSP Firmware Used By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
    I can only see one idiot. And that is you.
    I know you're too poor to afford a mirror, but try save up for one sometime. I guarantee your "idiot" meter will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      I know you're too poor to afford a mirror, but try save up for one sometime. I guarantee your "idiot" meter will change.
      yeah ok but who asked seriously nobody needed to hear that you're the only one deluding yourself here you think your words actually mean anything ok smarty pants see the thing is when you look at a mirror it might crack from your sheer ignorance the nvidia drivers just work unlike all the dependency hell nonsense others love to praise you're the joke here thinking your insults hold any weight in a real discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by bhptitotoss View Post

yeah ok but who asked seriously nobody needed to hear that you're the only one deluding yourself here you think your words actually mean anything ok smarty pants see the thing is when you look at a mirror it might crack from your sheer ignorance the nvidia drivers just work unlike all the dependency hell nonsense others love to praise you're the joke here thinking your insults hold any weight in a real discussion
        Somebody got confused or too excited. Scoring own goals Hey, I am here!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhptitotoss View Post
          Boy this does not help your argument. It took Nvidia 2 decades to finally admit user space management of resources is a bad idea.

Remember Nvidia provides the developer who worked on KDE Wayland support for their cards. Reality Nvidia not anti Wayland. Nvidia was anti having to release their driver code. Of course that changed as Nvidia after decades finally admits this is the only way to make a stable solution. "Just works" Sorry Nvidia own developers admit their drivers are broken on Linux and that open sourcing the drivers and supporting DRI/GBM/DMABUF will be the way forwards. Of course those stuck on what Nvidia classes as legacy cards will not get this fix.

Switching between 2 running X11 servers or switching between text based terminal and X11 server has been a long time way to cause a kernel panic when using Nvidia drivers because of broken resource management.

Wayland development does go the route that near enough is not good enough.

Yes there was a reason why I said Wayland development should have proceed forwards ignoring Nvidia 10 years ago and that was because Nvidia design was broken causing stability problems. The patches to Nvidia drivers for stability problems on Linux for 2 decades was basically wack a mole all each stability patch was doing was moving where the defect was currently hidden not in fact fixing it this was the side effect of user space resource management. Yes true wack a mole just making mole pop up somewhere else instead of eliminating the mole.

This is why the just works argument is really works for me or I am sticking my head in the sand and not bothering to check if the design is solid.
          Last edited by oiaohm; 03 June 2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X