X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    Actually, I put "the only" in quotes previously because you had only mentioned 3d support. I can't comment on hd playback - I don't have a hd monitor. But if you think nvidia are the only ones to "allow further development of 3d in linux", or even were the first to do so, you're quite mistaken. I had 3d running off a banshee, and developed opengl with r200 open source drivers - and played ut with them.
    I said "fully functional 3d acceleration". There are many aspects of FOSS drivers that have never been able to do. Latest OGL support is just one such example.

Leave a comment:

• adrianveidt
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    You mean that big evil blob that has provided the only fully functional 3d acceleration for years so people at least had some card that they could use in a functional state that would allow further development of 3d in linux and others? You mean that blob that provides the only real HD decoding ability on anything but a netbook? Ya you have a lot to hate but it seems misdirected.
    I agree completely, but it's been around so long that the Nouveau devs have basically reverse-engineered the whole thing and according to them, they don't need any documentation at this point.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Really? Show me one opensource driver that can compete in the 3d and hd playback.
    Actually, I put "the only" in quotes previously because you had only mentioned 3d support. I can't comment on hd playback - I don't have a hd monitor. But if you think nvidia are the only ones to "allow further development of 3d in linux", or even were the first to do so, you're quite mistaken. I had 3d running off a banshee, and developed opengl with r200 open source drivers - and played ut with them.

Leave a comment:

• ap90033
    replied
    Do I have to beg? Do i have to get on my knees? PLEASE, I have posted for help on a half dozen linux forums (now including nvnews) for help on my issue. I really would like to use linux and learn it but I need help. I bet if I knew a guru locally he could have it up an running in no time. Anyway PLEASE help..

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    "The only" is somewhat misdirected too - perhaps the only comsumer proprietary driver, but not the only. Just wanted to mention that....
    Really? Show me one opensource driver that can compete in the 3d and hd playback.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    You mean that big evil blob that has provided the only fully functional 3d acceleration for years so people at least had some card that they could use in a functional state that would allow further development of 3d in linux and others? You mean that blob that provides the only real HD decoding ability on anything but a netbook? Ya you have a lot to hate but it seems misdirected.
    "The only" is somewhat misdirected too - perhaps the only comsumer proprietary driver, but not the only. Just wanted to mention that....

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by sylware View Post
    ... no programming manual published and a big ugly and evil blob for Linux.
    Hate generators restarted.

Leave a comment:

• sylware
    replied
    ... and still...

... no programming manual published and a big ugly and evil blob for Linux.
    Hate generators restarted.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Look into your spam folder.

Leave a comment:

• ap90033
    replied
    Originally posted by dl.zerocool View Post
    Don't know but if you have troubles or questions, visit http://www.nvnews.net/
    Nvidia post and read it.
    Tried, cant get an account there, tried work email and other emails other than gmail and hotmail but they WILL not send me activation email. So I am screwed I guess NO ONE in the WORLD has SLI+Fedora 11+a 1080P LCD TV... I am the only one, I am legend LOL

Seriously cant one of you geniuses help an idiot like me just this once?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X