Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 190.xx Linux Driver Leaks Onto The Web

Phoronix: NVIDIA 190.xx Linux Driver Leaks Onto The Web

The latest stable NVIDIA Linux driver release is in the 185.xx series, but NVIDIA developers have been hard at work on the forthcoming 190.xx driver series. Among other features, this next major driver update is expected to bring their talked about OpenCL support.It will probably be some weeks still before NVIDIA even publicly releases a Linux driver in the 190.xx series, but currently for those that are under NDA with NVIDIA, they have early access as a registered developer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it support kernel 2.6.9 yet?

Comment

Thank you mother Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Does it support kernel 2.6.9 yet?
        LOL, wrong thread, I think you were looking for the ATI thread.

Comment

This driver also supports OpenGL 3.1, but it doesn't appear to support OpenCL (yet?).

I have attempted to package this driver for Debian/Ubuntu systems, but the wrong 32-bit package was leaked (I would have needed the "-pkg0" one), so it only builds properly on amd64

Comment

I don't buy this. How can a beta binary just leak out like that? How do I know this guy didn't just modify the current binary driver to appear as 190x. I mean, if he could get the binary somehow, why stop there? Steal the damn source as well next time.

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
              I don't buy this. How can a beta binary just leak out like that? How do I know this guy didn't just modify the current binary driver to appear as 190x. I mean, if he could get the binary somehow, why stop there? Steal the damn source as well next time.
              Drivers like this leak from closed beta programs or from partners of nVidia who have access to early releases. You will not see any source code of proprietary drivers. Leaks like this one happen daily-weekly for the Windows versions of nVidia/AMD's graphics drivers.

OnTo: Funny that after the AMD leaks now nVidia is suffering as well. But Michael even promotes the leak, nVidia won't be happy

Comment

I tried this driver... and after 20 seconds of playing x-plane, the X server was restarting...

I went back to 185 series.

Comment

I'm having problems with 185.xx series (X crashing), hope they are fixed now.
                  In meantime I'll be using good old 180.xx

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    OnTo: Funny that after the AMD leaks now nVidia is suffering as well. But Michael even promotes the leak, nVidia won't be happy
                    Hopefully, it will put a bit of pressure on Nvidia to release the new driver sooner.

Comment

Working...
                    X