No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 530.41.03 Linux Driver Released With IBT Kernel Support, Vulkan Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 530.41.03 Linux Driver Released With IBT Kernel Support, Vulkan Video

Phoronix: NVIDIA 530.41.03 Linux Driver Released With IBT Kernel Support, Vulkan Video

One month ago NVIDIA released the 530 series Linux driver beta while today it's been promoted to stable with the NVIDIA 530.41.03 driver release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OMG:

Code:
    time ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02.run -x
    Creating directory NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02
    Verifying archive integrity... OK
    Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 525.89.02...

real    0m35.282s
    user    0m34.867s
    sys      0m3.549s

time ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03.run -x
    Creating directory NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03
    Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 530.41.03...

real    0m3.881s
    user    0m3.777s
    sys     0m2.768s
    And
    Code:
    -rwxr--r--.  1 test test 414116295 Mar 23 14:48 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02.run
    -rwxr--r--.  1 test test 344312858 Mar 23 14:48 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03.run
    ZSTD rocks! (It's taken me a year to convince NVIDIA to change XZ to ZSTD - thanks God they listened).

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
      ZSTD rocks! (It's taken me a year to convince NVIDIA to change XZ to ZSTD - thanks God they listened).
      Then you weren't very successful. I only wrote them about ZSTD this week and they changed to it within 48 hours

- joking ofc

Comment

And we now celebrate more than one year of this blocker bug that has gotten absolutely nowhere further to being resolved: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...7#note_1746574

Comment

Originally posted by henrik View Post
          And we now celebrate more than one year of this blocker bug that has gotten absolutely nowhere further to being resolved: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...7#note_1746574
          It's wayland and linux issue, nothing to do with nvidia.
          It can't be fixed until this is implemented https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayla...ge_requests/90

Comment

Originally posted by d3coder View Post

It's wayland and linux issue, nothing to do with nvidia.
            It can't be fixed until this is implemented https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayla...ge_requests/90
            Or is it this one: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...e_requests/967 ? Can't keep track...

Comment

Originally posted by henrik View Post

Or is it this one: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...e_requests/967 ? Can't keep track...
              It's all related to that wayland protocol

Comment

Hooray for closed source software in FOSS!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
                  Hooray for closed source software in FOSS!!
                  The most surprising thing about you is that I'm 99.99% sure that you call yourself an open source fan or something, yet instead of skipping this news piece, you actually clicked on comments and left your own one.

Why? Really, why?

I have a ton of things in life I couldn't care less about - I don't go around leaving inane comments expressing my grunt. You could have turned your resentment into learning to code and improving something in Open Source. A ton of open source projects severely lack manpower, yet here you are, wasting energy, time and space.

There are literally tens of thousands of open bug reports and feature requests in various open source projects. Yet here we are hating on NVIDIA which is a very successful company which employs tens of thousands of talented people who just happened to chose the closed source over open. And many didn't do that on their own volition. And many people in NVIDIA do contribute to Open Source.

Comments like yours are painful to read. A literal eye sore.

"I'm so cool, I'm in the Open Source tribe, I chose it as my own religion, let's denigrate other tribes".

Tens of thousands of years ago people in tribes actually fought hard for survival but today's tribes are often only good for loud vapid proclamations.

And lastly.

What if NVIDIA didn't offer closed source drivers for Linux at all? Would it be better then? I guess you never thought about that. "Everyone using Linux must buy an Intel/AMD GPU or go f themselves", right? No option to stay with NVIDIA whose Windows drivers have generally been sublime and the company actually provided drivers for the open source people who at every turn love to talk shit about the company.
                  Last edited by avis; 23 March 2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
                    OMG:

Code:
                    time ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02.run -x
                    Creating directory NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02
                    Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 525.89.02...

real 0m35.282s
                    user 0m34.867s
                    sys 0m3.549s

time ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03.run -x
                    Creating directory NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03
                    Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 530.41.03...

real 0m3.881s
                    user 0m3.777s
                    sys 0m2.768s
                    And
                    Code:
                    -rwxr--r--. 1 test test 414116295 Mar 23 14:48 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.89.02.run
                    -rwxr--r--. 1 test test 344312858 Mar 23 14:48 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-530.41.03.run
                    If they need a year for this no wonder they need so long to get their wayland support straight

Comment

Working...
                    X