X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dreamcat4 View Post
    can anybody here explain what the IBT thing is please? many thanks

[edit]

to be clear: what has cpu instruction predictions got to do with nvidia / gpus / the nvidia drivers? there is some new unwanted symptom since the feature was added in the kernel? is it stuttering or something else?
    Nvidia used something in their code that would trip this IBT protection. This was fixed in the open source driver, but is still a problem for the proprietary driver. That one is caused by patched gcc version and Nvidia hasn't got around to fixing the compiler yet.
    When this hits you, the system will fail to initialize the graphics system. You just need to add the ibt=off parameter to the kernel in text mode and then you're good again. Of course, you're missing on IBT protection, but for home users I don't imagine that's a big loss (it's not win, tho).
    Last edited by bug77; 03 March 2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Interesting that there is no support for the RTX 40xx line...

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
        there isnt?

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
          There was a review a few days ago showing how great the RTX 40 series runs on Linux.

https://www.phoronix.com/review/nvid...tx4090-linux/7

Comment

Sadly this 530.x branch causes graphical corruption in at least one title so far.

When I play Elite Dangerous there are artifacts all over the screen, I'd say my GPU is frilled but in-fact only this game suffers from it and only with the 530.x drivers!

Comment

What is the newest kernel supported by this driver? Did they start documenting that?

Comment

Working...
              X