Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 520.56.06 Linux Driver Released With OTA Updates For Proton/Wine NVIDIA NGX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 520.56.06 Linux Driver Released With OTA Updates For Proton/Wine NVIDIA NGX Build

Phoronix: NVIDIA 520.56.06 Linux Driver Released With OTA Updates For Proton/Wine NVIDIA NGX Build

With the GeForce RTX 4090 graphics cards shipping today, NVIDIA has published their first R529 series Linux driver with initial support for the GeForce RTX 40 "Ada Lovelace" graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

NVIDIA has published their first R529 series Linux driver
    Should be R520.

Comment

Originally posted by Lbibass View Post

Should be R520.
      Yeah, if the intent was for me not to be able to tell whether this is about 520 or 529, mission accomplished.

Also no, donțt get the driver from Nvidia, wait till it appears in your distro's repos.

Comment

WTF?
        A closed source driver downloading stuff from the internet and installing it on the system?
        So glad I'm not an Nvidia user!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          WTF?
          A closed source driver downloading stuff from the internet and installing it on the system?
          The secrets are only dealed in a black-a-box because the user must continue to fund the engine that delivers such strong boxes.

Comment

how's their open source version going? does that have support for lovelace?

Comment

WTF?
              Yeah, because you'd be so affected by a feature for mobile devices

Comment

WTF?
                Nvidia bad, AMD copies even on their closed source Windows driver, best thing ever!

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post

Nvidia bad, AMD copies even on their closed source Windows driver, best thing ever!
                  AMD has two working open source drivers!
                  Have you seen the joke attempt to open source something of their driver with moving pretty much everything into the closed source firmware?

Comment

What the heck are "NGX updates?" Never heard that before, and a search doesn't turn up anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X