Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 40 Series With Much Better Ray-Tracing Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 40 Series With Much Better Ray-Tracing Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 40 Series With Much Better Ray-Tracing Performance

Jensen Huang's GTC keynote is exciting as always and he just announced the GeForce RTX 40 series along with a host of other announcements for marking this week's NVIDIA event...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As usual, everything announced is proprietary tech, with the only function of keeping you locked into their golden cage.

That said, I started the drinking game and taking a shot every time Omniverse was mentioned so you know that all I can say is....thank you auto-correct for fixing this post. :-)
    Last edited by NeoMorpheus; 21 September 2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I am still waiting for an announcement of a whole Nvidia PC, with a custom ARM CPU, NVLink and their RTX products and other technologies merged together. I guess they want to expand to such a walled garden to create their own Nvidia ecosystem.

Comment

The fact that he calls DLSS their greatest innovation tells me they expect to lose ground in actual compute power to AMD already. Looking forward to upcoming AMD GPUs being more powerful and power efficient at the same time.
        Last edited by shmerl; 20 September 2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Yikes. Another 200 dollar price increase is a big problem given the way the economy is going.

The performance increase is impressive, and I'm glad that the power consumption on the 3090 isn't as insanely high as it was initially reported to be, but still. Disappointing.

Comment

That ADA OmniVerse stuff with Morrowind blew my mind! MAN I want that for sure. Going to budget for a 4090, probably get one eventually, see how local launch goes.

The 4080 16GB price was a OUCH. Think I'll just get a 4090 in end which ended up being $200USD cheaper then I feared, still pricey!

I'm sure RDNA4 will be great and RDNA3 will be a great TRAINING ground for their MCM design and more advanced driver feature sets. Hopefully by the time RDNA4 comes around RADV/MESA will be about on par with NVIDIA with DXR in Proton games and FSR2.x or FSR3 will be a decent competitor to DLSS3 stuff.
            Last edited by theriddick; 20 September 2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I wish Nvidia someday get competition, sadly CUDA has no alternative , AMD is good with performance but their software support is terrible

Comment

Boy do Jensen had a narcissistic photo for the video... "Look at me, I'm the best Taiwanese CEO, not that witch in the other company"...

maxresdefault.jpg
                Last edited by M@GOid; 20 September 2022, 12:58 PM. Reason: The lizard people demanded it.

Comment

AMD is playing catch up on the software side. They'll get there eventually, I however will jump ship to NVIDIA in meanwhile for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    That ADA OmniVerse stuff with Morrowind blew my mind!
                    It sounds amazing but I found the thing a little suspicious, it completely changed textures and objects. I don't think that was automatic, more like someone put much work in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X