Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 40 Series With Much Better Ray-Tracing Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parityboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Teggs View Post
    In the fields of mathematics and science in general professional respect is shown by referring to a person by their last name. Kepler, Volta, Maxwell, Pascal, Turing... Nvidia would have people believe that they chose Ada Lovelace to name an architecture after out of respect for her accomplishments, but by concentrating on her gender by using her first name they show disrespect for her work as a scientist. I suppose they don't care about any damage they do to the effort to value scientific work apart from the gender of the scientist doing said work.

I believe it is correct to refer to this architecture as 'Lovelace' no matter what Nvidia says.
    On paper you´re correct and the GPU should labeled as ¨AL102¨ or whatever. However, Ada Lovelace isn´t the only ¨Lovelace¨ out there, nor the most recent...

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    The most expensive part I've ever bought was a Ryzen 7 5800X CPU which cost me $450. Never again.

My GPUs upper limit has always been $400. Looks like I'm either staying with GTX 1660 Ti or moving to redder pastures.
    That the other thing to consider. All the AM5 socket cpu from AMD will have APU as in AMD integrated graphics. All the new coming intel processes for desktop usage have iGPU. We are not talking ultra good GPU here but the AM5 socket one should be equal or better than the steamdeck APU.

Server and Workstation targeted chips are the ones missing intergrated graphics now that is your threadripper/epic amd and xeons with Intel.

This is another thing that going to have effect on Nvidia AIB as new systems will cease to be after very low end cards in most cases.

You might not be moving redder pastures depend on the games you play you might move from being Decanted GPU user to integrated GPU user. Save power and coin. It will depend where the intel and amd integrated GPU land in the upcoming cycles. The steamdeck limit GPU power has caused some game developers to focus on efficiency again if that the games you like then why would you need more than what the integrated offer.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Apparently the memory bus width is different between the two 4080 versions (192 vs 256 bit).
    I can honestly live with anything else, but I'm still not paying that kind of money for a video card.
    How does the Nvidia RTX 4080 compare to the newer RTX 4070 Ti? We've tested both cards and we now know the answer.

Memory bandwidth and number of usable cores. In the past the official version numbers would have been different from Nvidia. like 4080 TI be the 16G and 12G be non Ti at least.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Apparently the memory bus width is different between the two 4080 versions (192 vs 256 bit).
    I can honestly live with anything else, but I'm still not paying that kind of money for a video card.
    The most expensive part I've ever bought was a Ryzen 7 5800X CPU which cost me $450. Never again.

My GPUs upper limit has always been $400. Looks like I'm either staying with GTX 1660 Ti or moving to redder pastures.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post

Of course a troll, I can play too. This is the first generation that surpasses 40 TFlops.
    You put in 0 effort to read my post. If you put in more effort to read my comment I will do the same.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 21 September 2022, 07:39 AM. Reason: typeo the/to

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Key points:
    • DLSS 3.0 is fantastic though proprietary.
    • Pricing is just bad
    • Two 4080 SKUs with a different amount of shaders? Looks like NVIDIA decided to charge top dollar for what should have been RTX 4070 Ti. Let's see what RDNA 3.0 will bring because this is just ugly.
    • I expect RDNA 3.0 to reach the RTRT performance of the RTX 30 series which again means NVIDIA will take the performance crown for heavy RT games for the next two years.
    • Looks like we've reached the point where the laws of physics no longer allow to get more performance at the same power (envelope) which is really really sad.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    seems like an offering for professionals, not average users given the price tag on it

like other people said, 30xx cards are still very viable for desktop users with performance to spare. and artifical restrition of dlss3 to absolutely latest cards is a blatant cash grab.

at least the prices of last-gen are likely to drop.
    The new pricing and SKUs are just ... horrible. RTX 4080 12GB is a 192bit bus card - it could actually mean that RTX 4060 will feature a 128 wide bus, WTF?!

I sure hope RDNA 3.0 will kick some ass because NVIDIA has seemingly stopped caring about end users and only cares about enterprise.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    seems like an offering for professionals, not average users given the price tag on it

like other people said, 30xx cards are still very viable for desktop users with performance to spare. and artifical restrition of dlss3 to absolutely latest cards is a blatant cash grab.

at least the prices of last-gen are likely to drop.

Leave a comment:

• drakonas777
    replied
    Key points:
    • Looks like we've reached the point where the laws of physics no longer allow to get more performance at the same power (envelope) which is really really sad.
    You are either an absolute NVIDIA fanboy/fanatic or stupid to claim such a thing. Choose one.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by abu_shawarib View Post

It's a normal picture, just chill.
    Taking a snapshot of you behind a birthday cake to keep that very moment as a memory is a "normal picture". But those pictures of CEOs decorating the headline of a new product launch are well choosen by a huge marketing team with a dedicated message. I don't want to go deep into interpretation. But there is a certain " we do rule the gfx world" message which comes with narcissistic traids in this pic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X