Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 40 Series With Much Better Ray-Tracing Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kozman View Post

Glad I am not the only one who looked at it and thought the exact same thing. At least Lisa smiles.

Do they teach this shitty "Pretension Face" in all limp dick "Business" schools? "Look into my nostrils as I *appear* to be way up here and I imagine you to be somewhere way down there." SMH.
    I pity people who pay attention to this. The man created a USD 330 billion corporation. Cut him some slack. He's done nothing to you personally, in fact you didn't have to watch this horrible video.

I don't understand what's going on with people nowadays. Why is it that people on the Internet want to hate someone or something so much? Don't you have better things to enjoy? Hatred is a very negative emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Key points:
      Looks like we've reached the point where the laws of physics no longer allow to get more performance at the same power (envelope) which is really really sad.
      Yes but not terrible IMO. I think this is why NVIDIA is pushing so heavily into this ML/AI stuff in order to squeeze more performance. Then again 2nm process will probably fix allot of issues as it is a big drop in power requirements.

Comment

I pity people who pay attention to this. The man created a USD 330 billion corporation. Cut him some slack. He's done nothing to you personally, in fact you didn't have to watch this horrible video.

I don't understand what's going on with people nowadays. Why is it that people on the Internet want to hate someone or something so much? Don't you have better things to enjoy? Hatred is a very negative emotion.
        I don't hate him. Don't misunderstand me. It's often that such an unflattering pic can elicit an unflattering response, nothing more. For the exact OPPOSITE reason you cite or aspersions you caste my way is why I DON'T use social media or watch TikTok. So poisonous. But again, Lisa smiles and she's from the same backyard as Jensen. Just sayin'. Would it kill him to smile especially if you're the public OG face of NVidia? If *I'd* have created a 330B company, I would be smiling like a Cheshire Cat. I don't know, I see your point though and take it as something to think about today. Every morning I get to wake up I simply say "Thank you for another day." to throw out some positive energy to the universe.
        Last edited by kozman; 20 September 2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I don't hate him. Don't misunderstand me. It's often that such an unflattering pic can elicit an unflattering response, nothing more. For the exact OPPOSITE reason you cite or aspersions you caste my way is why I DON'T use social media or watch TikTok. So poisonous. But again, Lisa smiles and she's from the same backyard as Jensen. Just sayin'. Would it kill him to smile especially if you're the public OG face of NVidia? If *I'd* have created a 330B company, I would be smiling like a Cheshire Cat. I don't know, I see your point though and take it as something to think about today. Every morning I get to wake up I simply say "Thank you for another day." to throw out some positive energy to the universe.
          Sorry, I've lost you there. I don't give a damn how Jensen Huang looks and what he's wearing. In fact I'm totally OK with him wearing a crown and a gown, or being naked. I buy products with certain qualities and pricing. That's it. If you base your purchases on how a CEO looks and talks, my condolences.

BTW what do you think about Elton John? I love hist music btw. A nice musician with really crazy outfits and equally preposterous glasses. The fact that we're even discussing this is just ugly and disgusting. You seem not to wake up thanking the universe for another day. You seem to wake up asking "What for I'm going to hate NVIDIA today".

Comment

Michael

Typo/grammar

"announced for for much better" "announced for much better"

Comment

Sorry, I've lost you there. I don't give a damn how Jensen Huang looks and what he's wearing. In fact I'm totally OK with him wearing a crown and a gown, or being naked. I buy products with certain qualities and pricing. That's it. If you base your purchases on how a CEO looks and talks, my condolences.

BTW what do you think about Elton John? I love hist music btw. A nice musician with really crazy outfits and equally preposterous glasses. The fact that we're even discussing this is just ugly and disgusting. You seem not to wake up thanking the universe for another day. You seem to wake up asking "What for I'm going to hate NVIDIA today".
              Ok now you've lost me and likely others too. Elton John is a good musician. I don't follow his music but I know of it. He is who he is and it's not like he's going to stop being himself or his best self every day.

And why are you castigating me about hating on NVidia? I don't. Very non sequitur of you. You don't know me. I don't know you but here you are casting aspersions and making assumptions about me? Non causa pro causa. I have an NVidia GPU in my machine. When I built a system with my son, I bought him a used NVidia card. By you logic, does it imply I hate AMD? I don't. I'm not brand loyal. I don't play video games. If I could go back to the wonderful days when I could slap a Matrox Millennium in my PC so it's dead silent and not requiring noise cancelling headphones and a bracket to support the 100lbs of copper and / or aluminium required to cool the card, I would be overjoyed.

I guess in my original post it's hard to construe sardonicism from my now amended text, no. It takes 17 muscles to frown. 47 to smile. Just sayin',

Comment

In the fields of mathematics and science in general professional respect is shown by referring to a person by their last name. Kepler, Volta, Maxwell, Pascal, Turing... Nvidia would have people believe that they chose Ada Lovelace to name an architecture after out of respect for her accomplishments, but by concentrating on her gender by using her first name they show disrespect for her work as a scientist. I suppose they don't care about any damage they do to the effort to value scientific work apart from the gender of the scientist doing said work.

I believe it is correct to refer to this architecture as 'Lovelace' no matter what Nvidia says.

Comment

This pricing targets enterprise. I can't imagine the public is even that much of a target any longer.

Hoping for AMD to seriously damage their price positioning.

Comment

Glad I am not the only one who looked at it and thought the exact same thing. At least Lisa smiles.

Do they teach this shitty "Pretension Face" in all limp dick "Business" schools? "Look into my nostrils as I *appear* to be way up here and I imagine you to be somewhere way down there." SMH.

Amending: A smile goes a long way.
                    In that photo at least, he has a face that is eminently punchable.

Comment

"- Lovelace brings Shader Execution Reordering for much faster ray-tracing for rescheduling shader workloads on the fly for better efficiency. "As big of an innovation as out-of-order CPUs", says Jensen."
                      That was all well and good till out-of-order & branch prediction brought us Spectre.

Comment

Working...
                      X