NVIDIA JetPack 5.0.2 Released With Production Support For AGX Orin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA JetPack 5.0.2 Released With Production Support For AGX Orin

Phoronix: NVIDIA JetPack 5.0.2 Released With Production Support For AGX Orin

NVIDIA this week published JetPack 5.0.2 as their updated development environment and SDK for their Arm-powered Jetson modules and developer kits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If this is similar to the Jetson Nano which I am fairly fond of, the Ubuntu based image is a bit of a mess. You are better off debootstrapping a fresh image and copying across the BSP manually.

It risks being a little "non-standard" doing so but you gain a much cleaner and more deterministic system. I'm not sure why Gnome 3 on a SoC was made as a decision. Or at the very least why a *-lite image wasn't made.

Comment

I want something like jetson, but for gaming, not for ai development.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        I want something like jetson, but for gaming, not for ai development.
        i bet that'd make for a fantastic game console

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

i bet that'd make for a fantastic game console
          Yes, and a competitor to apple's M1/M2 series.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Yes, and a competitor to apple's M1/M2 series.
            The (now discontinued) Jetson TX1 SoC is exactly what Nvidia used in its Shield console. Sadly it was bootlocked and running Linux was difficult. The Jetson Nano uses the same Maxwell architecture as the TX1/Shield did, but with 128 cores only instead of 256. In my experience it's about 3-4x the speed of the RPI4 GPU and the CPUs are similar in performance, but Jetpack in general is quite a "funky" version of Ubuntu and so compatibility can sometimes be a bit harder with software than with a Raspberry Pi.
            Last edited by vegabook; 18 August 2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

This version only suppots AGX and Orin. All the other stuff including the Nano have to continue to make do with Jetpack 4.6.1.

It's a bit of a pity that Nvidia seems to have abandonwared the lower end boards a bit because they're great for playing around with GPU, Vulkan, Cuda, and lightweight machine learning, and they're cheap (ish).

Comment

It looks like a power supply. A bit disappointing that you can't just "plug it in".

Comment

Working...
                X