Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 515.65.01 Linux Driver Released With Fixes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NVIDIA 515.65.01 Linux Driver Released With Fixes

    Phoronix: NVIDIA 515.65.01 Linux Driver Released With Fixes

    NVIDIA today released their 515.65.01 Linux driver as the newest in the stable R515 series...

    https://www.phoronix.com/news/NVIDIA-515.65.01-Linux

  • #2
    There's a rather nasty bug where the driver fails to load if you have IBT=on. Only affects kernels newer than 5.18 (iirc), but it would have been nice to see it addressed already.

    Comment


    • #3
      At first I was like "oh no another update". But then I remembered I have RX 6800 XT in my machine

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by V1tol View Post
        At first I was like "oh no another update". But then I remembered I have RX 6800 XT in my machine
        Your vendor doesn't release updates?

        Comment


        • #5
          ECC memory errors fix seems fishy… the cynic in me says GDDR6 degradation issues due to mining gpus and or bad design and expects to read more about it on Facebook soon.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi, sorry to barge in. Is this the "new open source driver" or the old one?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Riotvan View Post
              ECC memory errors fix seems fishy… the cynic in me says GDDR6 degradation issues due to mining gpus and or bad design and expects to read more about it on Facebook soon.
              Good theory, I'm interested to hear, if anyone knows. Either way I guess if it means worn-out cards have some more use left in them, that's no bad thing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by V1tol View Post
                At first I was like "oh no another update". But then I remembered I have RX 6800 XT in my machine
                Isn't it great that you are free to choose whatever drivers versions you want to run instead of being force fed new kernel and Mesa releases with no control over them at all?

                Oh, wait, I'm talking about Intel and AMD users.

                Originally posted by sweetsuicide View Post
                Hi, sorry to barge in. Is this the "new open source driver" or the old one?
                Both, NVIDIA has been releasing two drivers simultaneously.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Isn't it great that you are free to choose whatever drivers versions you want to run instead of being force fed new kernel and Mesa releases while have no control over them at all?
                  Typical birdie bullshit lie.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    Typical birdie bullshit lie.
                    No, IIRC, and please correct me with a source if I'm wrong, if you want newer AMD GPU drivers you do need newer mesa and kernel. To get those, I think these are your options:

                    - Use a rolling release distro.
                    - Use custom repositories to get the updates (not a great idea).
                    - Build your own kernel and mesa.
                    - Just stick with the version your distro ships and then update to a new version with major distro updates (eg Mint 20.3 - 21).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X