NVIDIA 515.49.10 Linux Driver Released With Vulkan Pipeline Robustness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 515.49.10 Linux Driver Released With Vulkan Pipeline Robustness

Phoronix: NVIDIA 515.49.10 Linux Driver Released With Vulkan Pipeline Robustness

NVIDIA released new Vulkan beta driver builds last night for Linux and Windows users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You gotta give Nvidia that they are really committed to make API wrappers work well. Apart from Diablo 2R in VKD3D-Proton, I also haven't seen any games showing (supposedly) driver-inflicted visual artifacts at all. Also, GPU bound performance hit of VKD3D-Proton seems to have been greatly reduced, e.g. in Hitman 3 it's now <10% for me with 3060.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      You gotta give Nvidia that they are really committed to make API wrappers work well. Apart from Diablo 2R in VKD3D-Proton, I also haven't seen any games showing (supposedly) driver-inflicted visual artifacts at all. Also, GPU bound performance hit of VKD3D-Proton seems to have been greatly reduced, e.g. in Hitman 3 it's now <10% for me with 3060.
      I did. Had to roll back to 510 on a Mint installation on a 1060 laptop. It's a very real bug and I don't intend to move back to 515 anytime soon.

Comment

Open source drivers in mainline kernel when?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
          Open source drivers in mainline kernel when?
          Current driver is no where near acceptable for mainline.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            True.

Recently I wanted to see just how good so I ran the Windows version of GravityMark through plain WINE-Staging with the latest DXVK 1.10.2 + stable nVidia 515 driver.

For comparison's sake, here are two Windows results with the very same benchmark settings I competed with:

- Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000
            - AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
            - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (non-Ti)
            Score: 22,154

- Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22593
            - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
            - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
            Score: 23,375

And here is my result with the very same settings on Intel i7-11700F + Ubuntu Budgie 22.04 LTS but running in OpenBox, because the Mutter-based compositor had problems running the benchmark with uncapped framerates:

Not bad I'd say, considering the best-in-class Windows DX11 driver by nVidia vs. running translated to Vulkan via DXVK on Linux!

Comment

NVidia 515 driver is not even stable. https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/...anymore/221467

Comment

Working...
              X