NVIDIA 515.57 Linux Driver Released With Fixes, NvFBC Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 515.57 Linux Driver Released With Fixes, NvFBC Improvements

Phoronix: NVIDIA 515.57 Linux Driver Released With Fixes, NvFBC Improvements

In addition to announcing the GeForce GTX 1630 budget card today (expect our Linux review soon), NVIDIA published 515.57 as their newest stable NVIDIA Linux driver release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It'd be interesting to know if it supports CUDA. IIRC, their GTX 1030 didn't.

Based on the specs, I expect this to be roughly equivalent to a GTX 1050 Ti. It'll be most interesting to see how it compares against the RX 6400.

Comment

The "Supported Products" section for this driver mentions the GTX 1630:
      GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650, GeForce GTX 1630

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

Based on the specs, I expect this to be roughly equivalent to a GTX 1050 Ti. It'll be most interesting to see how it compares against the RX 6400.
        according to techpowerup, it has 7.5 CUDA capability exposed.

Comment

Would really be easier if they did not post this as a whole patch but did patchsets in the github releases.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
            I have a GT1030 and it supports GPU computing (I am mainly coding with OpenCL but Cuda works too). The main limitation is the 4xPCIe gen 3. Beside this it would be faster than my GTX750Ti.
            Since the GTX750Ti is getting soon out of driver, I am wondering what nvidia has to offer within the 75W power envelope of the PCIe bus ? I have the feeling they are unable to manufacture a recent GPU which does not need a nuclear power-plant attached to it !

Comment

respect to gtx 1630 at 150us price:

Comment

Originally posted by STiAT View Post
                Would really be easier if they did not post this as a whole patch but did patchsets in the github releases.
                For sure, but it's kind of a miracle that OSS Nvidia drivers happened at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kieffer View Post
                  I have a GT1030 and it supports GPU computing (I am mainly coding with OpenCL but Cuda works too). The main limitation is the 4xPCIe gen 3. Beside this it would be faster than my GTX750Ti.
                  Since the GTX750Ti is getting soon out of driver, I am wondering what nvidia has to offer within the 75W power envelope of the PCIe bus ? I have the feeling they are unable to manufacture a recent GPU which does not need a nuclear power-plant attached to it !
                  My nVidia 1650 has been running splendidly @ 75 Watts without any external power supply, so instead of foolishly exaggerating, maybe AMD's ridiculous RX 6400 is a better fit for someone like you?

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

My nVidia 1650 has been running splendidly @ 75 Watts without any external power supply, so instead of foolishly exaggerating, maybe AMD's ridiculous RX 6400 is a better fit for someone like you?
                    There is the RTX A2000 GPU which fits the 75W but for a Quadro, it is still worth 800€ and still dual slots. I did not benchmark it yet. No consumer card (excluding this quadro) featuring an Ampere GPU fits below 100W. Concerning the RX6400, it looks like comparable to the GT1030 from nvidia, but has a nice 16xPCIe gen4 interface which is sometimes very important.

Comment

Working...
                    X