NVIDIA Launches The GeForce RTX 3090 Ti For $1999+ USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

How exactly is an aftermarket ECU productive? If anything you'll almost definitely spend more $ using it than just staying stock and using your vehicle to get from A to B... so it is by definition a luxury purchase exactly the same as any gamer PC.. people get their thrills in different ways.
    Depending on the age of the car, aftermarket/non-oem might be the only new part option when you go to repair your car. Sometimes the choices are that or trying your luck at a salvage yard. It isn't necessarily about upgrading for moar speed or being non-stock, sometimes that's the only part available.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
      this. in the same vein you have people that look at you who think what you spend money on is dumb. i think its dumb that people spend so much on clothing, waste money on figurines, makeup, buying dumb stuff to hang on their walls like dumb posters, etc. but each to their own. its your money in the end and you only have one life. live it how you want before you are a lost memory.

you want to waste your money getting drunk and sailing the seas knock your socks off bro.
      You need to spend money on a shift key

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

You need to spend money on a shift key
        At least there are paragraphs and punctuation

Comment

This product is quite definition of products for idiots who have to have the best of the best regardless of price.

When RTX 3090 made sense for some aplications thanks to VRAM, that small performance improvement for 3090TI with no additional vram for 500$ more is not.

Like 12900KS it is product either for too big pockets or overclockers.

Comment

If I had a small flat, and needed heating, I would eventually buy one of these...
            But my house is too big to be heated by such device. So no.
            Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

In the same vein you could deny people access to luxury cars, yachts, etc. etc. etc. just because "they make no sense", "they are too expensive", etc. Again, some people will absolutely want to buy such products and those people allow companies to pay for R&D which ultimately benefits the rest of us.
              Yeah, right. Such car or yacht won't be choking on the highest settings after few years.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Depending on the age of the car, aftermarket/non-oem might be the only new part option when you go to repair your car. Sometimes the choices are that or trying your luck at a salvage yard. It isn't necessarily about upgrading for moar speed or being non-stock, sometimes that's the only part available.
                Yeah I agree, but given the previous comment of the car lasting a long time... its probably a new car with performance upgrades.

You could still be right though given the chip shortage...

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

After all it is good that wealthy people spend their money instead of hording it on a bankaccount accumulating more passively due to investments. If its money paid for a real product even if it is considered luxury or premium. Its generating value/worke down the chain.

So basically the bragging Ferrari dirver in french haute couture is better for the greater good than the humble multimillioniar hording his money and greadingly buying cheapest stuff and clothes from bangladesh or form other low labour rights countries.

addmitingly odd twist..

Comment

Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post
                      Good luck finding this card at its recommended $2,000 price. I'm sure bots will empty the stock quick and then these cards will be around $4k-$6k.
                      At this point even a Quadro is comparable.

Comment

Working...
                      X