Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Again, We Have Another New NVIDIA Driver
    but just days after releasing the 180.51 Linux driver,
    You missed 180.53

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Saist View Post
    I guess when you don't have a real open source strategy, like that other company, releasing constant beta updates of closed-source stuff is all you can do.
    Who cares, it works. In the end that's what most end users care about.

Leave a comment:

• Saist
    replied
    I guess when you don't have a real open source strategy, like that other company, releasing constant beta updates of closed-source stuff is all you can do.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Now i only wait for updates for 71, 96 and 173 series for 2.6.30. Then nvidia would be ready for next kernel round.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Milyardo View Post
    I think the real news here is that its a driver update not made of mostly VDPAU fixes :|
    Not really, pretty much every release had non VDPAU fixes as well. There were just alot of VDPAU fixes included as well as would be expected in a newly developed feature.

Leave a comment:

• Milyardo
    replied
    I think the real news here is that its a driver update not made of mostly VDPAU fixes :|

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by a7v-user View Post
    Seems like Nvidia's new way of releasing beta and half-tested (pre-releases) drivers are here to stay so maybe we shouldn't be so surprised about it. The headline for this article could perhaps have mentioned which set of drivers (beta, pre-release or stable) that has been updated.

Hopefully this will spur on the other team making closed-source unix drivers, or at least fend of any talks about cutting back on driver development.
    Time for a RSS feed!

Leave a comment:

• a7v-user
    replied
    Seems like Nvidia's new way of releasing beta and half-tested (pre-releases) drivers are here to stay so maybe we shouldn't be so surprised about it. The headline for this article could perhaps have mentioned which set of drivers (beta, pre-release or stable) that has been updated.

Hopefully this will spur on the other team making closed-source unix drivers, or at least fend of any talks about cutting back on driver development.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X