X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Too bad it is. Keep lying to yourself or fucking up your setup just to feel better when using Wayland.
    I'm very honest to my self by using primarily Windows with Nvidia. Linux is just for fun to see things grow. Maybe one far day it will be acceptable also with Nvidia on Wayland. But maybe not.
    Btw. Firefox will drop its GLX backend at some point and Nvidia Xorg users will have to use a synthetic timer instead of hardware vsync because mixed GLX vsync inside EGL just crashes with Nvidia. Have fun with things like this in the foreseeable future for your great Nvidia Xorg experience!

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

The fact the you continue to blame me for supporting/shilling for/being a fanboy of NVIDIA/Intel despite me being honest about all the companies makes our further dialog completely worthless.

It's further exacerbated by the fact that I've apologized for saying incorrect things on multiple occasions but since you have a severe form of selective attention you only see what you want to see.

It's even further exacerbated by the fact that you belittle me and my contributions despite earlier claiming that I'm doing nothing at all for open source, i.e. not only you lied, you defamed me and you continue to be extremely aggressive towards me for no reasons. Some of the bugs I've helped resolve in the kernel are critical and I spent hours debugging the kernel. If writing code is the only way to contribute to open source, then 99.9% of people here should forever shut up and never say a word either about Linux, Open Source or commercial companies and proprietary code. Not sure who you are - you are masterfully hiding behind a nickname and your contributions to open source are squarely limited by insulting people here on Phoronix.

From now on I will ignore your messages until you take time to apologize for 1) lying about me on multiple occasions 2) insulting me 3) putting words in my mouth which I've never said. Good luck and have fun.
    Just ignore THE ENTIRE FORUM and go away. Thank you.

I'll be honest.
    I am tired of you. Several other people here are as well. Even Michael is.
    You've been banned from this place multiple times. Despite that, your urge to wreak havoc seems to be eternal (consider the fact you summoned yourself shortly after a ban under a different identity (see birdie-temporary and avem)).

You are discouraging other members (including new ones) from staying here. Please do us a favor and stay away from this place.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 27 October 2021, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    No, it isn't. Stop lying to yourself.
    Too bad it is. Keep lying to yourself or fucking up your setup just to feel better when using Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    From now on I will ignore your messages until you take time to apologize for 1) lying about me on multiple occasions 2) insulting me 3) putting words in my mouth which I've never said. Good luck and have fun.
    No. Why would I apologize to you? lol

And no you're not gonna ignore messages. You've said that before and you lack the will-power to do that because you're all about starting fights.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

What expression?

I've never seen you apologize. On multiple occasions I've seen you repeat things in topics after you were corrected on in previous topics.

Yes, I say "fuck you" to people and institutions who deserve. Most people do. Curse words aren't actually evil, Artem lol Are you all that familiar with how humans act? You don't curse but spend a significant amount of your time, with seemingly no end goal, talking about how much you hate Wayland, how anybody who supports it are cultists, how its devs are ignorant because they don't listen to you specifically, etc. so you've expressed the same sentiment without saying the words lol
    The fact the you continue to blame me for supporting/shilling for/being a fanboy of NVIDIA/Intel despite me being honest about all the companies makes our further dialog completely worthless.

It's further exacerbated by the fact that I've apologized for saying incorrect things on multiple occasions but since you have a severe form of selective attention you only see what you want to see.

It's even further exacerbated by the fact that you belittle me and my contributions despite earlier claiming that I'm doing nothing at all for open source, i.e. not only you lied, you defamed me and you continue to be extremely aggressive towards me for no reasons. Some of the bugs I've helped resolve in the kernel are critical and I spent hours debugging the kernel. If writing code is the only way to contribute to open source, then 99.9% of people here should forever shut up and never say a word either about Linux, Open Source or commercial companies and proprietary code. Not sure who you are - you are masterfully hiding behind a nickname and your contributions to open source are squarely limited by insulting people here on Phoronix.

Last edited by birdie; 27 October 2021, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• babali
    replied
    What about a GNOME vs KDE on wayland/nvidia discussion? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied

Repeating this expression while no knowing why it came about indicates exactly that.
    What expression?

1. Never defended NVIDIA 2. Show me misinformation I've been spreading about X.org or Wayland - even if I did, I then apologized and corrected myself
    I've never seen you apologize. On multiple occasions I've seen you repeat things in topics after you were corrected on in previous topics.

Unhappy???? Do you go around your life screaming FUCK YOU to everything and everyone you're not content with? How has this worked for you? Do you say "Fuck you" to your employer who doesn't pay you as much as you want? Or your wife? Or your parents and children? Are you out of you mind?? You're defending the lowest meanest behavior possible.

So much for the open source community, more like "we really love to cuss and hate community". If I were a company to join it, I'd think a 100 times before dealing with it.
    Yes, I say "fuck you" to people and institutions who deserve. Most people do. Curse words aren't actually evil, Artem lol Are you all that familiar with how humans act? You don't curse but spend a significant amount of your time, with seemingly no end goal, talking about how much you hate Wayland, how anybody who supports it are cultists, how its devs are ignorant because they don't listen to you specifically, etc. so you've expressed the same sentiment without saying the words lol

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    Over 500 bug reports, fixes to the kernel, GCC, KDE and many other open source projects that's how I'm not doing anything. Lying about me all the time is definitely your forte.
    Fixes to the kernel? How come I can't find anybody with your last name having contributed to the kernel?
    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...or&q=Tashkinov

I've look you up before and outside of some bash scripts I can't find any code you wrote.

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonk View Post
    Do you recall the specific version? I'm trying to find something about that in past release notes and haven't had any success so far.
    I'm also having trouble finding where it's mentioned in release notes but dma-buf has been supported since the first 470 beta driver. It was the 470 drivers which allowed XWayland applications to be hardware accelerated but it required that you run a version of XWayland with the patches that moved the dma-buf code from glamor's GBM backend to glamors common code so that it can be used by both backends.

Leave a comment:

• IndioNuvemChuva
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    I use NVIDIA with a composited WM and I never had any issues. No Tearing, no "slowness" when dragging, everything is butter smooth at 60 fps.
    I can actually second this, being mostly an NVIDIA user myself. X11 works flawlessly as far as display and graphics in general are concerned. It's still not the best, since even changing stuff like mouse acceleration is really hard to do right if you're not running under a full-blown DE, but I'm also aware this is mostly a flaw in X11 itself.

But to be fair, Wayland is also full of these weird usability issues, albeit they're different ones. I've had weird misbehavior like windows rendering their own decorations inside compositor-drawn decorations, inconsistent font rendering and theming between applications, among others. So, personally, I see no reason to ditch X11 as things are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X