No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Releases 470.57.02 Linux Driver, DLSS SDK Adds Official Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 470.57.02 Linux Driver, DLSS SDK Adds Official Linux Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 470.57.02 Linux Driver, DLSS SDK Adds Official Linux Support

In addition to showcasing NVIDIA RTX support on Arm, NVIDIA also used this first day of GDC week to release their 470.57.02 stable Linux driver as well as official DLSS SDK support for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow! The biggest most expected change is here! :-D
    The link in "Also note that SuSE users should read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver." finally links to wiki and not to the 15 years old non-sense page!

Comment

A ton of fixes for Wine/Proton. Looks like Valve and NVIDIA are working a lot closer now.

Also I love that finally fan control is not hidden behind coolbits:

Updated GPU fan control to be available by default in nvidia-settings and NV-CONTROL, for GPU boards that support programmable fan control. Previously, this was only available when bit 2 was set in the "Coolbits" X config option.
      Also, no one has paid attention to it but for several releases now NVIDIA Linux drivers have been offered with a separate firmware file installed in /lib/firmware/nvidia/$VERSION/gsp.bin

Looks like NVIDIA is considering full nouveau support after all.

The driver has become 35MB larger vs. 465.27. OMG. It's now at 266MB (compressed) and 774MB uncompressed.
      Last edited by avem; 19 July 2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Does this driver incorporate what is needed driver side for GBM support? I am referring to now-merged backend discovery merge request on mesa:

GBM alternate backend discovery and loading (!9902) · Merge requests · Mesa / mesa · GitLab

Comment

Originally posted by mcsy View Post
          Does this driver incorporate what is needed driver side for GBM support? I am referring to now-merged backend discovery merge request on mesa:

GBM alternate backend discovery and loading (!9902) · Merge requests · Mesa / mesa · GitLab
          I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the alternate GBM backend is planned further down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by avem View Post
            Looks like NVIDIA is considering full nouveau support after all.
            I swear I'll never link this video again if NVIDIA goes full open source and stop being hostile.

Awkward moments at the Nvidia GTX 1080 Special Event

Comment

According to Ethan Lee this driver still lacks some Vulkan bits to be completely usable under Wayland:

Comment

Originally posted by AHOY View Post
                I swear I'll never link this video again if NVIDIA goes full open source and stop being hostile.
                And I swear I will be a good boy if God sends me a million dollars tomorrow.

Comment

And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky

I saw all those PRIME fixes and I'm jealous as an AMD user. I have a Vega iGPU and a Polaris dGPU and no matter what PRIME wants to offload to the iGPU instead of the dGPU. That's probably my biggest annoyance about my PC because that's an issue I have on both Windows and Linux

Comment

WHAT ABOUT WAYLAND based on GBM?

Comment

Working...
                    X