NVIDIA 460.80 Linux Driver Released With New Laptop GPU Support, Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 460.80 Linux Driver Released With New Laptop GPU Support, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 460.80 Linux Driver Released With New Laptop GPU Support, Bug Fixes

With today NVIDIA announcing the GeForce RTX 3050 and RTX 3050 Ti laptop GPUs, they have issued the 460.80 Linux driver as their newest long-lived driver release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've rushed to install this driver only to realize I'm already running version 465.27 and for some strange reasons for the first time ever 460.80, which is the production branch, gets new features and fixes before the new features branch. Weird. I guess an updated new features branch driver will follow soon.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I've rushed to install this driver only to realize I'm already running version 465.27 and for some strange reasons for the first time ever 460.80, which is the production branch, gets new features and fixes before the new features branch. Weird. I guess an updated new features branch driver will follow soon.
      No.

465.27 changelog is identical. This is literally a backport.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

No.

465.27 changelog is identical. This is literally a backport.
        Um, not really, 460.80 support the RTX 3050 (Ti) while 465.27 does not.

Comment

465.24 & 465.27 for me is a disaster. Both cause kernel panic with DP displays for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            Um, not really, 460.80 support the RTX 3050 (Ti) while 465.27 does not.
            For some reason I can't quite get excited for drivers that supports a product that, while I could order it, will not show up for quite some time (without some excessive scalpers fees).

Comment

Working...
            X