Four Days Pass, Time For New NVIDIA Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

@RealNC did you or did you not pay for you graphics card ... Do you believe you own it? Wouldn't it be nice if graphics cards and cars were sold with compelete spec manuals and real "how to" repair manuals?

The way drivers are currently handled is rediculous so stop giving in to the attempts of closed source companies to strap down the market sure ATI is sucking atm driver wise but that is no reason to praise Nvidia for a closed source driver even when it is quite good (Of course they deserve some credit but still... closed source is not enough)

Comment

Wow, thank you Nvidia! Even though I have a Radeon Xpress 1150, I enjoy seeing their promptness to support new features in Linux.

Comment

I coughed on my food after reading this.

Comment

Let's see......

Well, We could be surprise with next ATI Catalyst .... supposed to be release this week. If can get my videos playback with no .... (probably less) tearings I will be happy with my 2400HD pci.

Comment

Originally posted by nico342 View Post
              Well, We could be surprise with next ATI Catalyst .... supposed to be release this week. If can get my videos playback with no .... (probably less) tearings I will be happy with my 2400HD pci.
              We could be surprise with next ATI Catalyst

Yeah that's exactly what we have been raving for the past 2 years... or maybe 3?

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                We could be surprise with next ATI Catalyst

Yeah that's exactly what we have been raving for the past 2 years... or maybe 3?
                More like the day ATi even said the words "Catalyst" and "Linux" in the same sentence. Biggest disappointment in computing history.

Comment

I used to have an ATI card, I love the 2D/video display quailty of it very much, but when it comes to Linux support, it is really annoying. Every time a new Xorg release is out, I have to wait couple of monty before the driver is ready and stable, and some broken feature is not fixed!(Shader is not working for many releases! Yep, no advance compiz effects.) But for NVIDIA, they alway provide good Linux driver. So I go for NVIDIA at last. Compiz now works fine.

Comment

right now im using a nvidia card, but since im an amd fanboy im going to switch back when the drivers are in a usable state
                    Last edited by Pfanne; 25 March 2009, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I'll regret not going nvidia when...naah, never gonna happen.

Yawn.

Call me when nvidia.ko stops trying to deref null pointers and oopsing my kernel. When it stops being terrible at controlling its own fan. When it learns how to rotate screens and do multiple monitors properly. When it can manage to have a single release that doesn't have performance regression or "signal handling issues." Or how about a "great legacy driver" that manages to not create strange green lesions on my screen and an eventual panic if I don't figure out what the afflicted app is and kill it post haste? Hell, even just tell me when it can manage to take less memory than Firefox.

nvidia.ko is bad software. That fglrx is also poor doesn't change this fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X