Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Launching "CMP" Cards For Professional Mining, Limits RTX 3060 Mining Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    moron, just compare transaction price of bank vs cryptoscam. they have staff because staff speaks with clients. cryptoscam doesn't speak with clients and it has orders of magnitude more servers which produce zero value except they boil oceans
    And they can take a week or more to clear properly. But you ignore the fact they pay almost no interest and use your deposit to loan out funds created from thin air at interest enriching themselves w/ very little benifit to you. And absent adequate average funds they charge you for doing nothing other than keeping the money.

As far as scams go the modern banking system is pretty high up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms178 View Post

First, I am just the messanger, and that Youtuber didn't present much technical details on this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msmmdMrKPuY), nevertheless I wanted to mention it here. As I follow the news, I am aware of that split. But just because AMD's PR told us that such a split would be beneficial (to whom and why?), I don't buy it at face value. As a consumer, I don't care about architecture, but about price and performance (not just in gaming workloads). And there are compute workloads today where the Radeon VII still shines. By the way, RDNA is still not supported officially with ROCm which is a worrying sign to me that consumers will be left behind when it comes to their compute stack (at least on Linux).

I found the middle-ground strategy with Vega sound, as you get the best of both worlds in one product. Now if you also care about compute, you have to pay the price for a CDNA-based product.

Update: His newest video on this topic is interesting, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg__YdXbRtI

I have to agree that it is actually going to hurt gamers more in the end...
      Vega actually leaned towards being better with compute in terms of power draw and die area.

CDNA is basically the continued refinement of vega. Larger waves (SIMD groups) give you more FLOPS/Watt than smaller groups for the same total number of ALU lanes. Breaking things down smaller lets you more efficiently use resources when you are running a lot of smaller kernels/shaders. (as is typical w/ gaming). Also the shared caches, and large L3 SRAM compliments gaming well as you have a good hit rate, wheras a map/hash over a very large dataset the trick doesn't work and you're just wasting power. So they look at HBM istead. CDNA will also focus on datatypes that work well for AI but not precise enough for graphics.

Still that's not excuse for not having completed ROCm support on RDNA. Even if performance isn't great, having the tools working on an entry level system is vital if they want an increase in mindshare.

Comment

• "

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        moron, just compare transaction price of bank vs cryptoscam. they have staff because staff speaks with clients. cryptoscam doesn't speak with clients and it has orders of magnitude more servers which produce zero value except they boil oceans"

Originally posted by WorBlux View Post
        And they can take a week or more to clear properly. But you ignore the fact they pay almost no interest and use your deposit to loan out funds created from thin air at interest enriching themselves w/ very little benifit to you. And absent adequate average funds they charge you for doing nothing other than keeping the money.
        As far as scams go the modern banking system is pretty high up there.
        absolutly right if you want compare bitcoins with normal banks you can not only compare transaction price of bank vs blockchain solutions. you also have to price in the interest and compount interest.

also the risk of a bank collaps because they loan out funds based on your deposit... is also right.

pal666 does not like "cryptoscam" so he calculate very unfairly against blockchain technology.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Electricity bills go through the roof, fuel driven cars gets banned due to climate changes... can only charge your "eco-friendly" electric car between 21:32 and 21:37... ppl dont have running water/food/insert needed item here...

And what do "people" choose to do with the resources in demand? Yeah make digital virtual money. That sounds really useful. Luckily the coal-driven powerplants are running at 110% capacity to provide the needed energy for a "greener future"!

Pff.. cryptominers - you should have ended up as a stain in your dads underwear..

Maybe what the planet need is a epic proportioned solar eruption that kills off all silicone based stuff so there would be a true "hard reboot".

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post

I think that's why they limited to this RTX 3060 (and presumably future GeForce GPUs) rather than current models.
            I cannot find may cryptocurrency post on early October 2017, is there a way?

Comment

• ...aaaaaand... the RTX 3060 12GB is now double MSRP in Japan.

On launch day one of my friends actually got one, for only small excess over MSRP.

...and reports suggest that supplies for just about all silicon will continue to suck until 2022!

Comment

• I just want an upgrade to my 3200G 😜
                Hi

Comment

• If you have been appointed at Ahold retail company, you probably should be acknowledged of the convenience and features offered to the employees at Ahold my HR Express Login Portal. This myHRexpress Ahold Employee Login article. It will help you get access to all those necessary things related to an employee from Ahold Employee Benefits info, schedule, handbook, HR help, pay, working hours, and much more, everything in your fingertips.

Ahold My HR Express Login

Comment

Working...
                  X