X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onlyLinuxLuvUBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
    the plebs can rejoyce now. the cheap stuff has finally come out. :-)
    it'll be a while for me, I just bought a quadro m2000 4GB on ebay for 99 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    As long as Nvidia is not pushing some OpenSource driver or at least give useful input to the Nouveau team, it is very unattractive. Especially if you don't need cuda or if you aim for midtier cards.

Besides...12gb how are you going to need this?. 1080p ultra settings ? Not more then 7gb 1440p ultra OK maybe 12gb but the game will stutter. 4k ..not really playable. Rtx also to weak..I really don't get this card.
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 13 January 2021, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy
    replied
    the plebs can rejoyce now. the cheap stuff has finally come out. :-)

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    GTX 460: 200$
    GTX 560: 200$
    GTX 660: 230$
    GTX 760: 250$ (now seeing why everyone went for the 750-Ti instead)
    GTX 960: 200$
    GTX 1060: 250$
    RTX 2060: 350$
    RTX 3060: 329$ (Nvidia: Look, the 3000 series is so much cheaper than our vastly overpriced 2000 series! look!)

Seeing a problematic pattern here at the end? Anyone?
    Last edited by rabcor; 13 January 2021, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    The only thing I want Nvidia to announce is GBM support...

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    Well, 12GB of VRAM on a "3060" makes no sense, unless a 16GB 3070 and/or 20GB 3080 are also in the works.

Other than that, wake me up when I can actually buy one.

Frustratingly, I can actually get RTX 3090's without too much trouble here; they're not even ridiculously overpriced vs. MSRP.

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    I'm sure that samsung's 8nm supply will be fine in a couple of months. Nvidia ordered their chips too late to have a good supply at launch, this will be fixed soon. Also AMD's supply problems will be fixed in 2H 2021 so you will be able to get amd gpus at normal prices then.

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by dc_coder_84 View Post
    This is weird, the 3060 TI has more vram than the 3060.
    No, this new 3060 has more VRAM than 3060 Ti... and 3070... and 3080...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A bit at the edge of more than I'd normally be willing to spend on a GPU, but at quick glance it looks pretty nice.

Scalpers and availability aside, anyone have any feedback about how it compares to other NVIDIA GPUs at that price, performance-wise? If I suddenly got the money for one and was able to even buy it, I'd buy it primarily for VR (Quest 2; ideally some high resolution at 90Hz) and some 4K games. I have a RX 580 currently that gets by with both, barely.

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    Woo, yet another electronics product no one but scalper bots can buy because tech companies outside of Apple suck at logistics and managing their supply chain problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X