NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 3060 For $329 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$329...

Adjusted for the Covid Economy, that's like $1300 eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
      the plebs can rejoyce now. the cheap stuff has finally come out. :-)
      Cheap? At this price, this is mid-tier to top-tier.
      Anything above 150 $ can't be considered cheap anymore. 90% of people won't buy a GPU above 200-250$ (max 300).

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
        Cheap? At this price, this is mid-tier to top-tier.
        Anything above 150 $ can't be considered cheap anymore. 90% of people won't buy a GPU above 200-250$ (max 300).
        Given how high the current gpu prices are, I think most people are willing to pay a lot more than 200 bucks to get a decent gpu. I'm certainly not rich, but managed to find 500 euros for a measly 3060Ti.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
          I'm sure that samsung's 8nm supply will be fine in a couple of months. Nvidia ordered their chips too late to have a good supply at launch, this will be fixed soon. Also AMD's supply problems will be fixed in 2H 2021 so you will be able to get amd gpus at normal prices then.
          how are you sure? samsung employee in phoronix forum??? I have sooo many questions!

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

No, this new 3060 has more VRAM than 3060 Ti... and 3070... and 3080...
            Sorry I meant exactly that, written in the wrong order...

Comment

Look mom, no cards... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inyX59IG3qM

Comment

We will have to wait for the all blockchain currencies to crash again before GPUs will be available.

Comment

i was able to snag a 3090 fe back in october. would love to get my hands on a 6900 xt though. really hate nvidia's lack of open source support. when i saw the xwayland news i was hoping they started to open up but nope. really a shame. 3090 is a great card. nvidia's entire ampere lineup is super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaunius View Post

You have fallen a victim to nVidia's marketing dept, and you are comparing apples and oranges. It's something almost all IT news sites do as well - you are comparing the GPUs based on their marketing name patterns, expecting them to be comparable, which they are not. The price bump is a further evidence of that. What you should do is compare GPUs that have roughly the same power requirements - that's what clearly defines the segments.

The GTX 1060 6GB has a TDP of 120W. The 2060 has 160W TDP. Do you see the 33% increase? What you should be comparing it to is the GTX 1660 (120W), which is much cheaper. The same applies to RTX 3060 (170W TDP). You are comparing prices of cards from entirely different segments.
                    Higher power draw is not exactly a feature... We're trying to bring it down, not up, newer technologies should be able to bring greater performance at lower power consumption, that's the entire point of new generations of technology (in this sector at least) today, if anything, higher power use means the price should be lower. It's a sign that the cards are poorly designed rush jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X