Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Windows/Linux Graphics Drivers Hit By A Series Of Security Vulnerabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vein View Post
    Uncalled for.
    I genuinely find it hard to follow.

Look at his next post. Two sentences, two mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I genuinely find it hard to follow.

Look at his next post. Two sentences, two mistakes.
      That normal for someone with C- grade english.

Its good enough to pass university study.<< You would be calling first word there a mistake. "It's" right horrible as it sounds for university course work english "Its" is good enough.

The reality is those two sentences are good enough to be submitted masters thesis with those errors when the subject you are doing is not english.

Lot of people don't go on for UNI study in a lot countries because they don't think they have good enough english. The reality the standard you need for university work is quite low.

Yes you were partly right thinking the way I type looks a little like google translate. Its the near enough is good enough standard of english that universities around the world use it started in the UK in fact those doing google translation used that as a base to how good they had to get the automated translation. There are a lot of punctuation marks that can be skipped without removing meaning.

bug77 I never say I have perfect english. English being my first language does not mean I have to be that great at english. Worse mistake a lot make is you don't need to be great at writing english to be fairly highly qualified. Comprehension of english is a far more important skill include having good comprehension of bad writing.

By the way me writing english for the language without a capital is partly shows my age and country. This is where things get complex.

"Common nouns refer to a general concept or thing and are only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence." There is a arguement that highly valid that english without state of dialects is only a common noun not a proper noun
      "Proper nouns refer to a specific person, place, or thing and are always capitalized." English as word covers things like pidgin english and other many other things so is not a specific person, place or thing. So if you are stick strictly to the historic rules of english the world english is only a common noun. This does cause a problem because people think english is a proper noun should be capitalised so they are not writing the dialect my english would be poor Australian English. Yes find yourself a old Australian English dictionary look up the world english notice its lower case for the language and its marked as a common noun not a proper noun. You do need to be careful picking out language faults as some can be the persons nationality/dialect of english.

Comment

Working...
      X