NVIDIA 460.32.03 Linux Driver Released With Official Vulkan Ray-Tracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmellow View Post

This is long-lived branch release (LTS).
    Short term drivers with fixes regarding kernel 5.9 were released mid november with 455.45.01 version, so promise was kept.
    AFAIK the only distro that really uses long-lived branch is openSUSE, the rest are rolling along with short-term
    The negativo17 repo (for Fedora) is also already updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeforce View Post
      Fixed a bug causing multiple compile errors in linux kernel 5.9 and above..oh wait its not middle of november as promised

Comment

Originally posted by Ipkh View Post
        They forgot to remake some Master/Slave names.
        I hope you are freaking joking. If you meant this seriously, then what a terrible thinking you have.

Nothing wrong with the words. They are used as metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by uentity View Post
          I very much hope that reverse PRIME with amdgpu driver is fixed in this release. Will see.
          Unfortunately, not fixed for me (Lenovo Legion 5 laptop with AMD 4800H iGPU + NV RTX 2060 dGPU).

Comment

Not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but I figure there are plenty of competent Linuxers here who can help me out. I have a few machines running CUDA on Ubuntu (18.04 and 20.04). I like to keep my machines updated using apt, instead of downloading binary packages for drivers when they become available, and I need to have the latest CUDA releases available. So I installed from the Nvidia developer repos as per these instructions.

All is working well. However, the CUDA repo seems to also be the Nvidia driver repo for beta packages only, so my systems are on 460.27.04. The 460.32.03 driver does not show up there right now (and in my experience won't show up ever). The stable drivers are in the Ubuntu graphics driver PPA. The instructions I linked above pin developer.download.nvidia as having priority over the Ubuntu graphics driver PPA. This is a good thing, since CUDA from developer.download.nvidia does not mix well with drivers from the Ubuntu PPA in my experience, due to dependency issues. Without the repository pin, in the past I would be asked to uninstall all CUDA packages whenever the Ubuntu drivers were more recent than the Nvidia beta drivers. However, these are production machines, and running stable drivers, at least when they are available, would be preferable.

So my question is: Is there a way to install the latest CUDA packages (11.2 right now) and the latest stable Nvidia drivers together using publicly available and reliable package archives?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X