No announcement yet.

NVIDIA CUDA 11.2 Released For Further Enhancing Its Proprietary Compute Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA CUDA 11.2 Released For Further Enhancing Its Proprietary Compute Stack

Phoronix: NVIDIA CUDA 11.2 Released For Further Enhancing Its Proprietary Compute Stack

In addition to the NVIDIA 460 series Linux beta driver being released this week, CUDA 11.2 has also made its debut for Windows and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"...For Further Enhancing Its Proprietary Compute Stack"

It reads like a passive-aggressive snarl, and it's the Christmas season and we're supposed to be joyful, not spiteful!

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post

It reads like a passive-aggressive snarl, and it's the Christmas season and we're supposed to be joyful, not spiteful!
      It sounds as it should. Christmas spirit especially for you:

Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."
      Last edited by Volta; 16 December 2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        It sounds as it should.
        It doesn't have to.

Comment

It doesn't have to.
          Correct. It should sound a lot more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
            Correct. It should sound a lot more aggressive.
            The only reason why Santa won't give you coal for Christmas is because you would only turn it into CO2.
            Last edited by sdack; 18 December 2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

It reads like a passive-aggressive snarl,
              The site is about Open Source OSes and projects. Were it not mentioned that CUDA is proprietary, a new reader could reasonably assume that it's another opensopurce project. Therefore, I think it's best to mention this, as was done.

Tip toeing around the fact that it's not open source is like an odd form of political correctness, or something. Furthermore, if it sounds bad to you, maybe that says more about you than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                Were it not mentioned that CUDA is proprietary, a new reader could reasonably assume that it's another opensopurce project. Therefore, I think it's best to mention this, as was done.
                I'll think I just accept the snarls, or else will Michael have to put "proprietary" into every article about every piece of proprietary software he writes about. Still, thank you for your friendly comment. Have a merry Christmas!

Comment

They only reason why Santa won't give you coal for Christmas is because you would only turn it into CO2.
                  Who "they"? Nvidia?

Comment

Working...
                  X