Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ix900 View Post

If Intel finally gets something out that can compete with these, just wait until then. Either all three will ease up and prices won't move or they will go at it like you might never have seen before.
    My two big fears are:
    1. Intel will not have cards that are competitive on the high end but will be priced at the high end OR
    2. Intel will have cards at all ranges priced properly BUT will be production restrained.
    The first fear will have AMD/Nvidia laughing and in fact able to justify their pricing because of apparent value. The second will provide no impetus for them to lower their pricing.

I almost get the feeling that Intel is much more interested in the non-desktop market and just wants to have the feel goods for having their hat in the ring. With the current uptick in non x86-64 systems perhaps they could become the go to GPU for those alternative environments?

If the future really is going to be ARM or Power or whatever, wouldn't it make sense for them to guide the path for the world to be using their products just like Nvidia did with Cuda?

Comment

Give me a stripped down, fanless version under $150. The fans are the weak spot in a GPU, always the first to go.

Comment

Glad somebody is out there buying AMD's competitor and keeping them in the game, though I won't be a customer of nvidia's any time soon.

Interested to see what AMD does in APUs this time around as well, those perf per watt figures on the 6800/XT are dramatically better than the competition sometimes.

Comment

Price and perf are meaningless, when touted cards are simply not available anywhere.

Comment

Definitely amd's weak spot is lack of reasonable low profile cards. I swore I would never buy nvidia again, but I had no choice but to grab a 1050 for the refurb hp business computer I built for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
              Really is it acceptable performance when Nvidia closed source drivers still don't support Xwayland properly. Lets say zink gets 90 percent of native drivers. This of course could result in all those benchmarks being overblown by 10 percent.
              Nobody gives a shit about Wayland.

No Wayland, no problems.

Comment

I predict a future $50 price slash..

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                  Nobody gives a shit about Wayland.

No Wayland, no problems.
                  No Wayland, No Valve Games this is the future we are looking at. So weasel pull the head out the sand. Valve is need Xwayland for legacy applications on 4K screens and the like to be able to fib to the applications.

Its really simple to forget the X11 problem of only supporting 1 colour depth at a time. So we get HDR screens they are 10 bit instead of 8 does this work well.

The answer is HDR does not work well with X11 because you end up in a stack of racy conditions caused by the X11 server that all monitors are one Image. Yes proposed HDR support in 2017 is still technically not part of x.org X11 server either. Or to a choice change the X11 server color depth and only use HDR applications.

X11 x.org server is being treated end of life. By not doing a new major release this HDR proposal by Nvidia don't have to be processed by upstream either.

So the idea of No Wayland no problems is you being a idiot with your head in sand Weasel.

Comment

I was expecting 3060 to be $300. I a curious to see theor offer at tgat price. A non Ti version maybe? 3050 should be below $200.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                      Glad somebody is out there buying AMD's competitor and keeping them in the game, though I won't be a customer of nvidia's any time soon.

Interested to see what AMD does in APUs this time around as well, those perf per watt figures on the 6800/XT are dramatically better than the competition sometimes.
                      It would be good for geeks for Microsoft to actually run benchmarks on their new Xbox's to demonstrate just how powerful the systems are compared to a 'regular' PC (i.e. take the CPU/GPU/RAM/monitor sizes that have the highest percentage of Steam's survey and use that as a baseline). While it would just be a one off comparison to that particular 'regular' system, we could make quite a few inferences that would be handy.

Comment

Working...
                      X