Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn. this looks like a slam dunk. impressive performance and an acceptable price tag.

i'm now interested to see how amd is gonna respond to this.

Comment

Proprietary trash. Does it support the lastest Kernel, yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        Does it support the lastest Kernel, yet?
        They released that fix two weeks ago. You must have been too busy posting GIFs of Linus' middle finger to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
          damn. this looks like a slam dunk. impressive performance and an acceptable price tag.

i'm now interested to see how amd is gonna respond to this.
          Same. If AMD can release something with comparable performance for a lower price tag, that would be great. $400 is a bit more than I'm willing to spend, though the price isn't outrageous either.

Comment

Really is it acceptable performance when Nvidia closed source drivers still don't support Xwayland properly. Lets say zink gets 90 percent of native drivers. This of course could result in all those benchmarks being overblown by 10 percent.

Comment

So... Another new GPU product launch which is effectively just a paper launch?

Kinda goes to show that when almost everyone in the high end silicon business is fabless and relies on only two companies, TSMC and Samsung, stuff like this is inevitable for product launches around Christmas. Theoretically Samsung could have taken some of that weight off TSMC's shoulders, but they're only now getting the 8nm process into volume production so by going with them Nvidia only doomed availability for their high end silicon for this year. The Finnish idiomatic expression "Ojasta allikkoon" ("From the ditch into the pond") springs to mind here.

Still, nice gains for the price and I hope that there's going to be a good price war between Nvidia and AMD come next February or March when these start arriving on store shelves in actual volume.

Comment

Not available from all good retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                  and I hope that there's going to be a good price war between Nvidia and AMD come next February or March when these start arriving on store shelves in actual volume.
                  If Intel finally gets something out that can compete with these, just wait until then. Either all three will ease up and prices won't move or they will go at it like you might never have seen before.

Comment

"only" $400, what is only about that? It is more than a 970 cost at launch

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
                      If Intel finally gets something out that can compete with these, just wait until then. Either all three will ease up and prices won't move or they will go at it like you might never have seen before.
                      Maybe it'll create competition in the sub $200 bracket, but from what we know so far a higher card like this from Intel is still a very long way off.

Comment

Working...
                      X