Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
    "only" $400, what is only about that? It is more than a 970 cost at launch
    As much as I’d love to see 900 series pricing* make a resurgence, with the direction AMD and NVIDIA are going in I don’t see that happening for a long time. And the 3060 Ti is light years ahead of the 970 in capabilities. But man it would be awesome to have maintained the pricing schemes of the past even with the technological improvements/innovations.

Cheers,
    Mike

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForc...0_(9xx)_series

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

They released that fix two weeks ago. You must have been too busy posting GIFs of Linus' middle finger to notice.
      Link/quote?
      Thanks

Comment

They released that fix two weeks ago. You must have been too busy posting GIFs of Linus' middle finger to notice.
        Yes, I have this nearby in case some birdman attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post

Link/quote?
          Thanks
          Its on their driver download page. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us I missed it being having updated support as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post
            Link/quote? Thanks
            Download the English (US) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2020.11.17

"Kernel 5.9 support"

Comment

Originally posted by jeisom View Post
              Its on their driver download page. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us I missed it being having updated support as well.
              Thanks! I look forward to see this included in the non-free packages (Debian in my case) so I can update my machine learning machine.

Did you try the 455 driver? I saw a few complaints here and there but did not look into it, yet.

Comment

...but the real question is if it comes with a leather jacket.

Comment

There was just one score / watt test slipped in there. Impressive though.

Comment

Download the English (US) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2020.11.17

"Kernel 5.9 support"
                    Yep, I have an unbroken desktop with kernel 5.9 and nVidia 455 drivers, but CUDA is broken.

As the only reason I use nVidia is CUDA, and I don't have the time to waste right now working out what (if any) magical incantation will get CUDA working again, I went back to kernel 5.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

Yep, I have an unbroken desktop with kernel 5.9 and nVidia 455 drivers, but CUDA is broken.

As the only reason I use nVidia is CUDA, and I don't have the time to waste right now working out what (if any) magical incantation will get CUDA working again, I went back to kernel 5.8.
                      Did you remember to use chicken blood also ?

Comment

Working...
                      X