Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Frett
    replied
    Give me a stripped down, fanless version under $150. The fans are the weak spot in a GPU, always the first to go.

Leave a comment:

• dave_boo
    replied
    Originally posted by ix900 View Post

If Intel finally gets something out that can compete with these, just wait until then. Either all three will ease up and prices won't move or they will go at it like you might never have seen before.
    My two big fears are:
    1. Intel will not have cards that are competitive on the high end but will be priced at the high end OR
    2. Intel will have cards at all ranges priced properly BUT will be production restrained.
    The first fear will have AMD/Nvidia laughing and in fact able to justify their pricing because of apparent value. The second will provide no impetus for them to lower their pricing.

I almost get the feeling that Intel is much more interested in the non-desktop market and just wants to have the feel goods for having their hat in the ring. With the current uptick in non x86-64 systems perhaps they could become the go to GPU for those alternative environments?

If the future really is going to be ARM or Power or whatever, wouldn't it make sense for them to guide the path for the world to be using their products just like Nvidia did with Cuda?

Leave a comment:

• onlyLinuxLuvUBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

Yep, I have an unbroken desktop with kernel 5.9 and nVidia 455 drivers, but CUDA is broken.

As the only reason I use nVidia is CUDA, and I don't have the time to waste right now working out what (if any) magical incantation will get CUDA working again, I went back to kernel 5.8.
    Did you remember to use chicken blood also ?

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post

Download the English (US) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2020.11.17

"Kernel 5.9 support"
    Yep, I have an unbroken desktop with kernel 5.9 and nVidia 455 drivers, but CUDA is broken.

As the only reason I use nVidia is CUDA, and I don't have the time to waste right now working out what (if any) magical incantation will get CUDA working again, I went back to kernel 5.8.

Leave a comment:

• extremesquared
    replied
    There was just one score / watt test slipped in there. Impressive though.

Leave a comment:

• jrdoane
    replied
    ...but the real question is if it comes with a leather jacket.

Leave a comment:

• mppix
    replied
    Originally posted by jeisom View Post
    Its on their driver download page. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us I missed it being having updated support as well.
    Thanks! I look forward to see this included in the non-free packages (Debian in my case) so I can update my machine learning machine.

Did you try the 455 driver? I saw a few complaints here and there but did not look into it, yet.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by mppix View Post
    Link/quote? Thanks
    Download the English (US) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2020.11.17

"Kernel 5.9 support"

Leave a comment:

• jeisom
    replied
    Originally posted by mppix View Post

Link/quote?
    Thanks
    Its on their driver download page. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us I missed it being having updated support as well.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

They released that fix two weeks ago. You must have been too busy posting GIFs of Linus' middle finger to notice.
    Yes, I have this nearby in case some birdman attacks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X