NVIDIA Releases Beta Driver With Khronos Vulkan Ray Tracing Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases Beta Driver With Khronos Vulkan Ray Tracing Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Beta Driver With Khronos Vulkan Ray Tracing Support

While NVIDIA has supported its own vendor-specific Vulkan ray-tracing extension on Windows and Linux since the GeForce RTX GPUs originally debuted, they are moving quick to support the Khronos ray-tracing extensions for Vulkan given the industry adoption and games coming to market likely opting for using the KHR version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about X-Wayland and Mesa GBM support?

What about restoring the laptop GPU offloading in modern kernels?

Nvidia is a no go for me until they fix and implement this two things.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

Off-topic much?

Comment

A few days ago birdie stated that AMD should be measured on games that implement Nvidia ray tracing rather than games that have AMD/free optimizations. Wondering how his story will change now.

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post
          A few days ago birdie stated
          Birdie, drama queen and fairy tale teller....

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

Laptop GPU offloading is working for me fine (prime render offload with manjaro), also running Kernel 5.10.

X-Wayland/Mesa GBM is irrelevant to my daily use, will only transition when it actually stable.

Comment

waiting for birdie to reply, lol

Comment

-> Vulkan beta driver is released that is meant to help devs with early adoption of newest Vulkan spec.

-> people talk about XWayland/GBM/offloading that doesn't work properly with any vendors etc.

How far offtopic you can go. This driver is beta for something else, just vulkan specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                  -> Vulkan beta driver is released that is meant to help devs with early adoption of newest Vulkan spec.

-> people talk about XWayland/GBM/offloading that doesn't work properly with any vendors etc.

How far offtopic you can go. This driver is beta for something else, just vulkan specifically.
                  Welcome to Phoronix. The amount of topics, trolls and people talking their ass of is staggering. I don't even know why I visit here really.

Comment

Because, buried beneath all the shit, you find the occasional Pony you won't find anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X