No announcement yet.

The Current NVIDIA vs. AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance Ahead Of Ampere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame time graphs as presented are quite pointless ...

Typically there is a single sample at ~300ms (probably during startup when loading textures), while the interesting part (average, standard deviation, ...) is just an unrecognizable, 5 pixel wide blob on the left.

Michael - use logarithmic scale for frame time graphs, gives much better resolution around the average frame time while still providing room for high peaks.

Comment

Waiting for mesa vs AMDVLK in current version with cache enabled

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
        Waiting for mesa vs AMDVLK in current version with cache enabled
        Hey Michael, can you make this test, including the RX 570? Thanks!

PS: if is possible, add Shadow of Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

My countless GPU driver-related system freezes over the years beg to differ, and I'm sure Navi owners (especially early adopters) also have something to say on that. Haven't had a single crash with NVIDIA though with Maxwell and Pascal.
          you cant say that the ppl in this forum will hate you

Comment

Michael, is there possible to provide the type of graphs that mangohud is providing? Such as 97 percentile?

Comment

how much further NVIDIA will be able to widen their lead at the top of the stack, at least until seeing what AMD has in store with Navi 2.
              AMD has been quoted that Navi 2 will get about a 50% performance per watt bump in performance over Navi 1. With an appropriately sized grain of Sodium Cloride, that would put a 275w big navi2 (about 37% more power than the 200w 5700xt) performing in the neighborhood of 2x faster than a 5700xt. So that geometric mean would put it around ~200 fps, or about 50% faster than a 2080ti.

Comment

So, while I'll give nVidia the credit for making a good GPU, I would like to point out that only a single one of those graphs shows AMD's flagship dropping below 60 FPS.

Comment

Michael it would be really interesting if you could do a benchmark accross different 5600 xt brands because some of them weren't up to the task of the new bios offering, and some have lower clocks than others because the thermal solutions weren't up to the task. In my experience there's a few of them that might have upto a 10% delta of performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

My countless GPU driver-related system freezes over the years beg to differ, and I'm sure Navi owners (especially early adopters) also have something to say on that. Haven't had a single crash with NVIDIA though with Maxwell and Pascal.
                    My two friends laptops with nvidia also beg to differ. Laptops are unstable on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

you cant say that the ppl in this forum will hate you
                      Only nvidia fanboys think so.

Comment

Working...
                      X