Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Looks good, if I were an Nvidia user.
    Meanwhile I'm still waiting on AMD to bring Radeon Image Sharpening on Windows 7 and Linux.
    As Radeon Image Sharpening just weeks after its release it got implemented in a lot of places on Windows, like in Reshade, and the performance difference to driver implementation was from none to 2 FPS, while being compatible with both cards. So on windows you could use Reshade, and on Linux Vkbasalt as other said. You personally won't notice a performance difference, but still it would be nice if AMD implemented it.
    Last edited by JacekJagosz; 09 July 2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Biggest thing in this release is a fix so that KDE/Plasma finally doesn't break when alt-tabing out of full screen opengl/vulkan apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Wayland support under Linux.
        Quoted for Truth

Comment

Originally posted by RBilettess View Post
          I wonder if/how DLSS can be used under Linux?
          I doubt it can be used with DXVK/VKD3D and what native Linux Apps/Games exist or are planned? The upcoming Metro Exodus port?
          Why shouldn't? all their AI framework works on Linux

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if NGX will see enabling the use of RTX features under Wine/proton, that be real neat.

Comment

Well I cant enable DLSS in any game so far, It might be a proton /wine limit, maybe its tied to raytracing in game, so if you cant enable raytracing you wont get the option to use DLSS either. The Image sharpening is great make my gnome desktop so sharp, and looks great in game too, for some reason it does not look overly sharp on fonts like on windows, so I'm happy. Its a bit buggy tho, for some reason firefox didnt start at first and I got strange artifacts on the desktop, but a few reboots fixed it.

Comment

I thought DLSS could work on DX11 also? But my guess is Proton atm disables some NVIDIA libraries by default for better compatibility which might also affect RTX features like this from working. Hopefully some comments from Valve and NGX/RTX/DLSS support will appear in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by JacekJagosz View Post
                  As Radeon Image Sharpening just weeks after its release it got implemented in a lot of places on Windows, like in Reshade, and the performance difference to driver implementation was from none to 2 FPS, while being compatible with both cards. So on windows you could use Reshade, and on Linux Vkbasalt as other said. You personally won't notice a performance difference, but still it would be nice if AMD implemented it.
                  Not really true Vkbasalt can be a heavy hit in performance it depends on settings. Nvidia image sharpening has no performance hit at all, however its really bugged atm. If I do" __GL_SHARPEN_ENABLE=1" desktop gets a ton of graphical artifacts and firefox wont start at all. If I do "__GL_SHARPEN_ENABLE=0" I get a very nice sharpening effect for games and desktop, however I cant set how mutch sharpening I want, it ignores the "__GL_SHARPEN_VALUE setting".

Comment

It sucks how I still one year later have to revisit my post here to remembere how to activate sharpening. So hard to find any info about it on the web, and its so awesome still, the buggyness of it is fixed in gnome 40.

Comment

I find the Nvidia sharpen shader to be almost useless anyway, as it causes disgusting ringing. CAS via vkbasalt works flawlessly for me with very low performance hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X