No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 450.57 Linux Driver Released With Image Sharpening Option, NGX Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 450.57 Linux Driver Released With Image Sharpening Option, NGX Library

Phoronix: NVIDIA 450.57 Linux Driver Released With Image Sharpening Option, NGX Library

Following a NVIDIA 450 Linux beta with the CUDA 11.0-rc in early June and the more formal NVIDIA 450.51 Linux beta later in June, NVIDIA has now promoted the 450 Linux driver series to stable with today's release of the 450.57 driver build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks good, if I were an Nvidia user.
    Meanwhile I'm still waiting on AMD to bring Radeon Image Sharpening on Windows 7 and Linux.
    Does AMD have HEVC 10/12-bit decode ?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      It still leaves lots of things to be desired (says an Nvidia user).

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        It still leaves lots of things to be desired (says an Nvidia user).
        Like what? It does work quite reliably for me, on laptop and desktop.

Comment

I wonder if/how DLSS can be used under Linux?
          I doubt it can be used with DXVK/VKD3D and what native Linux Apps/Games exist or are planned? The upcoming Metro Exodus port?
          Last edited by RBilettess; 09 July 2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RBilettess View Post
            I wonder if/how DLSS can be used under Linux?
            Does Stadia use NVidia? Maybe there it can be useful. EDIT: It seems they use AMD, so not there.
            Last edited by peterdk; 09 July 2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
              Lots of things reliably also don't ever get improved. I expect more than "somewhat works without crashing".

Comment

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on AMD to bring Radeon Image Sharpening on Windows 7 and Linux.
                I think vkBasalt has picked up most stuff in this area? Specially since the AMD has opensource it: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/FidelityFX-CAS (I think this is it?)

Though I'm not sure if you can get sharpening up to 4K while the game renders in a lower resolution, right now... (Unless the game has a built in "render scale" setting).

Comment

a vulkan post processing layer for linux. Contribute to DadSchoorse/vkBasalt development by creating an account on GitHub.

You can use Vkbasalt for image sharpening.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

Like stability in windows 10 and Wayland support under Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X