Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 440.66.15 Vulkan Linux Driver Offers Up More Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 440.66.15 Vulkan Linux Driver Offers Up More Fixes

NVIDIA has been quite aggressive recently with their new Vulkan beta drivers for Windows and Linux with today marking another such release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No news on the extensions needed to enable async reprojection in VR ?

Comment

Originally posted by spykes View Post
      No news on the extensions needed to enable async reprojection in VR ?
      This is the (beta) driver for Vulkan 1.2. Probably the wrong place to ask about that.

Comment

For me the whole 440.66.* beta driver series fails to build with DKMS on Fedora 31 & 32.
        440.82 builds fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiEoverdose View Post
          For me the whole 440.66.* beta driver series fails to build with DKMS on Fedora 31 & 32.
          440.82 builds fine.
          Was wondering if that was still an issue since Nvidia doesn't seem to be mentioning anything with the dev drivers.

You can use an older kernel on Fedora 31 but on Fedora 32 would probably have to use one from when it was in beta as kernels when it hit release were right at the time when the failures started. DKMS would build fine that way. Only problem is that Fedora wants you to update the kernel so would need to block it or continually uninstall each one after updating.
          Last edited by ix900; 26 May 2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I wish they'd just open source their control panel, that be nice as it has some annoying bugs NVIDIA ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              I wish they'd just open source their control panel, that be nice as it has some annoying bugs NVIDIA ignore.
              NVIDIA driver control panel. Contribute to NVIDIA/nvidia-settings development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by loothelion View Post
                lol how funny would it be to fork this and make it runable on amd cards ...some people here have asked for some gui for the amd driver
                Last edited by CochainComplex; 27 May 2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Is there any easier way to get this on Ubuntu than to download the .run file?

Comment

Working...
                  X