NVIDIA Announces MONAI Open-Source AI Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Yes, it's interesting, you can even get passionate about it. Calling others like that is not normal though.
    It is for them.

Comment

Originally posted by vegabook View Post
      No competition "sucks" only if
      No, little shit, there is no "if" and no "but".
      No competition always sucks because we are talking of public traded companies, not privately owned companies.

Privately owned companies can still have some kind of soul, as their owner can still decide to do "the good thing" and not give a fuck, because it's his own goddamn company.
      For some companies it is still like that.

If you think ANY publicly traded company has any soul you are in for big nasty surprise. They don't. Their only goal is to make more money than the last quarter. Competition is the only way to keep them from just blatant price-gouging like Intel and NVIDIA do across the board.

And unfair "no competition" through the related vectors of monopoly and network effects, by logic, ethics, and more importantly, dozens of decades of precedent, is not acceptable, and illegal.
      I thought we were talking of NVIDIA, not of Intel.

there will always be a "mob" against you, and said "mob" won't actually be illogical.
      Who the fuck pulled this "mob" out. It's me and a couple other guys on Phoronix, don't get ahead of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Running an OS is different from using specific hardware features.
        Are you going to tell all of those people with defective Ryzen CPUs that crashed while compiling on Linux that there were no specific hardware features being used?

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
          Are you going to tell all of those people with defective Ryzen CPUs that crashed while compiling on Linux that there were no specific hardware features being used?
          Yes, the issue is reproducible also on Windows https://hardforum.com/threads/ryzen-...ndows.1943854/
          (the reddit thread link is broken, try this https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...ty_on_windows/ )
          Hardware bug, AMD offered a RMA to all those affected, and made a new revision of the CPU where it is fixed.
          You know, because people paid for a CPU that provides all advertised features without crashing.
          Last edited by starshipeleven; 22 April 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thelongdivider View Post
            If CUDA was usable by AMD, there wouldn't be incentive for all of my GPUs to be Nvidia...
            i'm sure nvidiot will always find a reason to pay novideo, no matter what, i.e. it will not reduce their profits. btw, i heard cuda is usable by amd. not that it's smart to use cuda, but still
            Last edited by pal666; 22 April 2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

You didn't write that in a Linux forum.... Seriously, you didn't.

Oh, you did...

People like you are disgusting human beings and are the reason the world is shit right now. Unless you are an Nvidia employee, paid to push Nvidia propaganda, AKA a shill, you are actually pushing for corporate profits because reasons.... Let me guess, you are one of the idiots who defend ONDISK DLC costing extra because "you only paid for the base game"?

If it is on the silicon, it is on the silicon. Why should corporate users pay extra for the same silicon? I mean, literally, the same silicon? When you go to a grocery store, do you pay more because you are white, and blacks pay less because they are black? No, because that would be discrimination. Why should corporations then pay multiple times more for the same silicon, just because they are doing calculations on that silicon other than video games?

The only reason professional cards are justified for higher prices, is IF they are binned silicon, tested and guaranteed for the working requirements of professional users, AND it also grants access to professional support from the Nvidia driver team. That is LITERALLY the only thing justifying the extra cost.

You aren't getting these things on consumer cards, but why disable the features though? If the silicon does it, they should enable it. It is the right thing to do, the pro consumer thing to do. If professionals want to save money and get consumer grade silicon and no nvidia support, then let them, it is their choice. Most professionals will still pay for the professional grade silicon because their jobs depend on it. But Nvidia is such a greedy company that the mere thought of losing even a portion of their profits is driving them insane.

And you support them. You pretend you are a consumer, yet you support them. You are literally supporting not having features on your hardware unless you pay thousands of dollars... You are either a shill or an idiot.
              yes you are fully right. IBM should really buy AMD and then drop any Nvidia card from any server they sell.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                i'm sure nvidiot will always find a reason to pay novideo, no matter what, i.e. it will not reduce their profits. btw, i heard cuda is usable by amd. not that it's smart to use cuda, but still
                Seriously? CUDA is -by far- the dominating technology for GPU compute and many tools *only* support CUDA. People are starting to look at ROCm, in part because it has a CUDA compatibility layer..

Comment

Working...
                X